Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF REGIONAL ACCOUNTANT AT THE ACMS OFFICE IN DOUALA
Background and rationale:
The Cameroon Association for Social Marketing (ACMS) is seeking to recruit a Regional Accountant (M/F) for ACMS Office in Douala.
The successful candidate will have as main missions: to develop, coordinate and administer all the accounting and financial operations of the region; check all accounting documents; pre-record and post them; provide quality services for all projects, all services and personnel in terms of planning.
He/she will check the documents transmitted to Headquarters and monitor the implementation of hierarchy recommendations as well as internal and external auditing.
ACMS is a network member of Population Services International (PSI). PSI is a globally-renowned health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health.
Duty station: Douala
Type of contract: 2 (two) years fixed-term (CDD) with open-ended (CDI) renewal option
Date of start of employment: October 2018
Position level: 9th category, level A of tertiary sector II of the National Collective Agreement on Trade.
Under the Administrative supervision of the Zone I Regional Manager and Technical supervision of the Financial Controller, the Regional Accountant of the Office in Douala will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure book keeping in the region;
- Supervise all activities at the regional store level;
- Ensure the smooth functioning of the petty cash fund in the region;
- Assist in the monitoring of debt recovery at the level of the region;
- Ensure all bank-related transactions;
- Carry out mobile payments at the level of the region;
- Ensure compliance with the accounting and sales procedures of his/her region;
- Perform all other duties related to his/her activities as assigned by hierarchy;
- Monitor the implementation of internal and external audit recommendations;
- Assist the financial team in the preparation of the financial report;
- Support management in promoting ethics and integrity;
- Carry out surprise counts of cash and stock;
- Perform all other duties related to his/her activities.
Skills, Qualifications and professional experience required
- Be of Cameroonian nationality or be authorized to work in Cameroon;
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Management, Finance, or any other academic diploma recognized as equivalent;
- Have at least 5 (five) years of proven professional experience, as an Accountant or Chief accountant, in an international non-governmental organization or in a private enterprise or company comparable to ACMS in size;
- Computer knowledge is mandatory, notably the usual accounting, word processing and spreadsheet software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.) Knowledge of the QBE software would be an asset;
- Have supervised at least two to three assistants in an accounting department;
- Have knowledge and experience of international NGO systems;
- Be fluent in French and/or English and have sufficient mastery of the other language;
- Have good interpersonal relation skills;
- Key competencies required: have in-depth knowledge of internal auditing procedures and good knowledge of accounting, finance and management; be able to communicate effectively; be able to bring about change/innovation; be proactive; have results-based management, negotiation, planning and organization skills.
Additional skills required:
- Have good public relations skills;
- Be honest and demonstrate commitment and ability to work in harmony with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Have sound organized skills;
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty and good character;
- Promote and defend integrity;
- Promote and defend organizational priorities;
- Be able to demonstrate skills in the management of human relations, communication and individual development;
- Have a structured mind and good aptitudes in oral and written expression;
- Be willing to work under heavy time pressure and be self-questioning.
- A motivation letter addressed to the Executive Director of ACMS;
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV) following the from available for this purpose on the website: htpp:// www.acms-cm.org;
- Photocopies of diplomas required.
- A photocopy the valid National Identity Card or any other authorized identification document;
- A certificate of non-conviction not more than three months old;
- Photocopies of documents justifying the candidate’s experiences (Attestation of internship and employment, work certificate and/or any other document relating thereto).
Submission of files:
The complete files should be submitted in an anonymous envelope with the mention: “Application for the position of Regional Accountant at ACMS DOUALA”
- At the headquarters of the ACMS in Yaoundé, located in the district Mballa II at Dragages Tel/Fax: 222 20 92 24
- At the regional Office in Garoua located in the Marouaré district behing Grande Mosque de Poumpoumre Tel: 222 20 02
- At the Maroua liaison office located in Dougai district Tel: 656 23 93 04 / 656 20 03 12
- At the Ngaoundere liaison Office located in the administrative neighborhood, Tel: 690 12 46 66 / 694 53 54 03
- At the regional office in Douala located in the Ndogbati district (Carrefour Agip) next to the Maison du cycle Tel: 333 41 11 12
- At Bamenda Regional Office at COW STREET-NKWEN Tel: 333 36 20 79
Deadline for the admissibility of the files: Friday, 17th August 2018
Female and male candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACMS reserves the right to recruit at a lower level or on the basis of a modified job profile