Position: Executive Director
Duration and type of contract:
Open Location: Yaoundé
Background: R4D International, a global health not-for-profit NGO promoting evidence-based practices in health is hiring an Executive Director to lead the overall management of the organization.
Job description: The Executive Director provides visionary, knowledge-based, strategic leadership for effective implementation of the organization's mission and goals. To do so, the Executive Director will work in collaboration with the people the organization serves, the Board of Directors, and all employees, volunteers, and partners. S/he leads the organization in developing the knowledge, infrastructure, culture, and competencies necessary to grow as a regionally respected organization. The Executive Director is responsible for all research, programs, services, and personnel, and ensures the organization's efficient operation within the approved budget. The position demands a passion for global health, a commitment to working towards a vision of health in partnership with communities, and a desire to contribute to the growth and success of the organization.
- Overall Strategic Vision and Leadership
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors to implement the strategic plan while ensuring that the budget, staff, and priorities are aligned with the organization's core mission
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction to all staff members, and ensure the continued development and management of a professional and efficient organization
- Remain current in best practice in global health to inspire and direct program team in program development and implementation.
Financial Management and Revenue Generation
- Oversee the financial status of the organization including developing long and short range financial plans, monitoring the budget, and setting fundraising goals and financial priorities
- In collaboration with the Administration and Financial Officer, ensure development and implementation of the
- fundraising strategic plan, including the stewardship of funders
- Be the face of the organization and use external presence and relationships to develop and nurture new funders
- Seek funding through creative avenues. This includes traditional fundraising and donor engagement, contribute to the writing and securing of grants from funding agencies, charitable foundations, pursuing corporate sponsorship, public partnership, social enterprise models, special events, etc.
- Ensure timely reporting to program funders and other key stakeholders
- Spearhead strategic and long-term planning for programmatic growth and impact
- Oversee the design, implementation, evaluation, and growth of all programs to ensure quality, sustainability, and responsiveness to community and organizational needs. These efforts are directly managed by staff, which the Executive Director supports in fulfilling their responsibilities.
- Ensure programs are aligned with best practice in global health by upholding monitoring and evaluation frameworks, and effectively utilizing data and outcomes to inform program decisions and design.
- Communicate results to the Board, funders, and other constituents
A dvocacy, Policy and C ommunications
- Oversee development of strategic plan for advocacy
- Represent the organization at international meetings, conferences and events to advance progress on respective work areas of the organizations (HIV/AIDS, TB, malaria, Cancer, NCDs, health systems strengthening, …)
- Be an external local, national, and international leader by publishing and communicating program results as a model for other regional and international efforts
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications with the goal of creating a stronger brand
- Serve as the primary organizational liaison to the Board of Directors by advising and informing Board members and interfacing between the Board and staff
- Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board to ensure open communication about the measurement of financial, programmatic, and impact performance against stated milestones and goals
- In partnership with the Board Chair, help build a diverse and inclusive Board, representative of the international public health communities, that is highly engaged and committed to leveraging and securing resources.
Human Resource Management
- Hire, develop and retain the organization's staff
- Help to create an environment that supports the personal and professional growth of staff resulting in a high functioning, results oriented team
- Facilitate cross-departmental collaboration by strengthening internal communications in support of the organization's strategy, operational methods, and data collection needs
- Engage regularly in effective communication with staff to insure high performance and commitment to the goals of the organization
- Master's degree in Public Health, International Development or related field
- At least five to ten years senior management experience in international public health and development programs including field experience in Cameroon
- Track record of effectively leading a high performance, outcomes-based organization
- Experience and excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Proven record of collaboration and partnership-building for programmatic success.
- Demonstrated knowledge of low-resource specific, international health, education and public policy Issues
- English and French language proficiency (both oral and written)
- Understanding of the field of health research and health systems
- Clinical skills and experience a plus including familiarity and comfort with medical publications and statistics
- Proven track record in fundraising and grant writing including strong marketing and public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Background in community development a plus
- Experience working successfully with a Board of Directors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills, cultural competency, and ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across constituencies.
- Independent, open-minded, innovative, and motivated to develop and execute long-term goals.
- Ability to travel 20-30%
- Salary is commensurate with experience and includes a full benefits package
How to Apply:
Submit updated CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com latest September 15th, 2016.
Please note that this position may be filled before the deadline.
Females candidacies are strongly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes R4D INTERNATIONAL
Administrative and Finance Assistant R4D INTERNATIONAL à Yaoundé
Mobile Developer R4D INTERNATIONAL à Yaoundé
Research Assistant, health policy and systems research R4D INTERNATIONAL à Yaoundé
7 Data Clerks R4D INTERNATIONAL à Yaoundé, Abong-Mbang, Limbe, Kumba, Bamenda, Batibo, Ndop