JUNIOR NATIONAL EXPERT
JOB OFFER FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF A JUNIOR NATIONAL EXPERT ON COLLABORATIVE MANAGEMENT OF THE TAKAMANDA NATIONAL PARK FOR GIZ/ProPFE
GIZ accompanies through its Support Program to the Rural Development Sector(ProPFE) the Cameroonian government in the implementation of the forestry, wildlife and environmental policy. The lead executing agencies of ProPFE are the Ministry of Forestry and Wildlife(MINFOF) and the Ministry of the Environment, Nature Protection and Sustainable Development(MINEPDED). The Program supports these two ministries both in national and regional level. The module objective of ProPFE is: The Forestry and Environment Ministries and their subordinate specialized services discharge their mandates in coordination with others actors. ProPFE opereates in three fields of activities: 1) Designing sustainable forest and wildlife resource management models, 2) Framing the institutional and legal-regulatory parameters and 3) Strenghtening decentralized management. Priority is attached to implementing the sub-sectoral strategies (meso and micro level). At micro level, support is given in the three regions(Far North, East, and SouthWest) to conducting pilot measures in sustainable forest management, use of forest products, and the collaborative management of protected areas. This experience and the practices and approaches will be amalgamated into feasible models and fed back to the higher level where they will be disseminated and institutionalized. At Southwest, ProPFE works closely in collaboration with the Program for Sustainable Management of Natural Resources in the South West Region(PSMNR).
Under the supervision of the Head of antenna, the Junior National Expert will undertake the following tasks:
- Assist the Park Conservator in organizing monthly coordination meetings with the Park team
- Assist the Park Conservator in activity planning, activity budgeting, activity monitoring and reporting
- Support the park conservator, in close collaboration with the conservation partners WCS(Wildlife Conservation Society), towards achieving a harmonized planning of park activities in collaborative management, village development measures and park protection.
- Assist Park Conservator and Head of Collaborative Management Unit(CMU) in the Conservation Development Agreement(CDA) process and development of MoU's
- Assist the Park Conservator/CMU in collaboration with the site-manager, to ensure cluster functionality
- Assist Park Conservator/CMU,in collaboration with the site-manager in the implementation and monitoring of the incentive system; Support the functionality of monitoring system
- Regular field visit to assess the quality of intervention and to propose adjustment if needed.
- Assist Park Services and concerned partners in realistic planning of NTFP(Non Timber Forest Products)
- Collaborate with TAIGA(Technical Assistant for Income Generative Activities) and Park Services in the preparation and planning OF NTFP
- Assist together with the TAIGA the Park Conservator in developing strategies for value chain of NTFP
- Insure proper knowledge management and exchange of experience for NTFP implementation in collaboration with TAIGA and TA co-management. Follow up of planned NTFP-activities
- Assist Park management with the Capacity Assessment of Park staff and community Base Organisation and define a strategy for capacity building.
- Prioritize with Park management the topics for capacity building;
- Support capacity building activities with the preparation and implementation of workshops(planning, reporting, basic computer skills, etc.) and other activities assigned by the ProPSE SW Coordinator.
- Forest engineer, Master in Environmental Science, Forestry, sociology or related science and a minimum of 2 years of work experience in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Good knowledge of forestry sector, in particular the legal and institutional framework for protected areas
- Good knowledge of Collaborative management of protected areas; Experience working in the South West
- High levels of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Internet applications.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English, pidgin English and French.
Date of Hire: 01st June 2016
Contract period: One year renewable
Deadline for applications: 06.05.2016, 16h00
Seadlied applications should be addressed to the HR Manager GIZ Regional Office Yaoundé-Cameroon, P.O. Box 7814 Yaoundé or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Envelopes should be anonymous and addressed to the HR Manager mentioning "Job Offer: Junior National Expert for the GIZ/ProPFE". GIZ Regional office is located in Bastos behind the Russian Embassy. Candidates are required to include a written and signed application letter, an up to date curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and diplomas and reference letters.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes GIZ
EXPERTE(E) NATIONAL(E) EN FORESTERIE GIZ à Maroua
HEAD OF ANTENNA ProPFE SOUTH WEST GIZ à Buéa
CHEF-FE D'ANTENNE GIZ à Ngaoundéré
Conseiller(e) Technique Suivi Evaluation GIZ à Ngaoundéré
CONSEILLER(E) TECHNIQUE GIZ à Garoua