REGIONAL TECHNICAL ADVISOR
CALL FOR APPLICATION FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF A REGIONAL TECHNICAL ADVISOR FOR THE COCOA SUB-SECTOR(SOUTH WEST REGION) IN THE FRAMEWORK OF THE GIZ GLOBAL PROGRAM "GREEN INNOVATION CENTRES FOR THE FOOD AND AGRICULTURAL SECTOR", PROJECT CAMEROOM
The GIZ program Green innovation centres for the Food and Agricultural Sector aims at providing incomes, productivity and employment of smallholders and within local processing business by reinforcing the technical capacities of rural actors(smallholders, cooperatives, rural extension officers, etc.) and by promotion promising innovations for the development of 3 selected sub-sector(cocoa, poultry and potato). The revenue of a significant part of the cameroonian rural population depends on smallholder agriculture. Agriculture is largely characterized by traditional farmer structures and a relatively low production level. Until date, many smallholders have neither succeeded in accessing a lucrative market nor have they been able a step beyond the subsistent economy. By forestering processing steps in the food value chain and by thus creating employment the provision of regional food stuff can be improved. The project focusses on existing actors in the 3 areas, i.e public, private and civil structures to reinforce the capacities of smallholders and at the same time to offer innovating infrastructures in order to animate the commercialization and the profitable transformation of agricultural products
Work place: Buea
Responsibilities and attributions
Under the supervision of the Project Leader, the Regional Technical Advisor would have to contribute to the following tasks:
Establishment of the regional office and structures
- Initiate and assure the operationalization of the regional bureau in Buea and the technical advisory system in the region of intervention in the South West for the cocoa value chain
- Put in place a technical advisory system in the region
- Establish relationships with ther farmer, representatives and cooperatives, partners, NGO's and the private sector in the region
- Establish and put in place modules and methods of technical advice at the level of agricultural cooperatives and the agricultural animators, in collaboration with representatives of MINADER, IRAD, SNV, IITA, CIC, NGO's, private sector
- Introduce good pratices of GIZ such as participation,gender, sustainable ecology, economic and social, inclusion of the minority, etc.
Communication, documentation and knowledge management
- Assure the communication and coordination of tasks with contracted actors for the implementation of support measures(international and national NGO's, towns, etc.) with regards to their contribution in the project.
- Participate and represent the project in meetings, workshops trainings and in communication with partners(MINADER, IRAD, SNV, IITA, CICC and others)
- Maintain a regular exchange and concertation with the project team in Yaoundé(project leader, monitor evaluation expert and coordination) and with the technical advisors in the regions by physical presence, mails and telephone, etc.
- Document the activities put in place(regular reports, drawings, pictures, videos, minutes, briefing, debriefing)
- Procure data-base from the different field works of the project.
Training and technical advice in agronomy, organization of cooperatives and sustainable agriculture
- Give advice for the popularization of good pratices and innovations through farmer cooperatives,smallholders, private and public sectors, NGO's and associates
- Assemble material for trainings in form of paper, posters, audio-visuel etc. in the following domains
- Innovative methods of sustainable production of cocoa, introduction of practices such as Integrated Pest Management(IPM), agro-ecology, biological agriculture.
- Innovative post-harvest methods and transformation of products
- Entrepreneurial,economic and commercialization of products
- Management and development of cooperatives
- Organization, coordination and the realization of workshops and regular visits on the field with the participation of cooperatives, partners and associates in the region.
- Train and directly give advice to beneficiaries, partners and associates
- Contribute to the elaboration and preparation of training material and support the National Technical Advisor with the search of data-base, information or interview with key actors.
- Support the activities in the framework of partners in the private sector
- Assist in the distribution and the enhancement of property purchase(small infrastructure, inputs, etc.) on the farm with consultants and beneficiaries.
- Accompany and underline interregional and international visits to ensure exchange in ideas in target groups
- Support and enhance the activities for the establishment and put into action Green Innovations Centres in the regions(technical schools, demonstration farms, research centers etc.)
- Support the coordination of the project in all activities that could possibly emerge
- Report the state of activities, follow up individual task in the progress and contribute to the planning process
Qualifications, competence and required experience
- Minimum qualification: Bachelor degree in the areas of Agronomy, Environment or holder of an equivalent qualification
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a similar training post, popularization or applied research
- Very good quality in method and technical training and support of smallholders and cooperatives
- Persuasive communication character, with partners/beneficiaries and a listening ear;
- Excellent organizational working skills, talent in the organization of individual task as well as with a team
- Excellent knowledge in data processing; Good moderation/facilitation capacities
- Specialization in sustainable production/transformation of poultry breeding(in small and large scale) or in cocoa production.
- Knowledge and practice of innovative and sustainable methods of agriculture like Integrated Pest Management(IPM), agro-ecology or biological agriculture is an asset
- Availability for occasional professional displacements(within the country, in the sub region and international)
- Very good knowledge of French and English and also Pidgin-English
Date of availability: 01.04.2016
Contract: one year renewable
Dateline of admissibility: 10 March 2016 at 12h00
Venue of application deposits: GIZ Regional Bureau of Yaoundé situated at the Bastos neighborhood behing the Russian Embassy.
The file containing the complete applications forms(Motivation letters, CV, Diplomas, Working certificates, References) would be in an enveloppe anonymously external addressed as follow "GIZ Regional Bureau in Yaoundé" with the mention "Call for applications for the recruitment of a Regional Technical Advisor for the GIZ/Green innovation Centers for agri-business sector"
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes GIZ
EXPERTE(E) NATIONAL(E) EN FORESTERIE GIZ à Maroua
HEAD OF ANTENNA ProPFE SOUTH WEST GIZ à Buéa
CHEF-FE D'ANTENNE GIZ à Ngaoundéré
Conseiller(e) Technique Suivi Evaluation GIZ à Ngaoundéré
CONSEILLER(E) TECHNIQUE GIZ à Garoua