JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Street 1800, Bastos, Opposite Netherland Consulate Yaoundé-Cameroon- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ICAP at Columbia University is an international non-profit organization that aims to ensure the wellness of families and communities by strengthening health systems around the world. ICAP is one of the world's largest implementation and technical assistance providers for HIV and related health programs and a global leader in HIV prevention, care, and treatment system strengthening, including the areas of strategic information, clinical services, and program management. With its roots in comprehensive, family focused HIV services, ICAP is widely respected for its success in both technical assistance and capacity building of innovative, effective, and ethical programs in the most challenging of resource-limited settings.
In partnership with the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC), ICAP will conduct Population-based HIV Impact Assessments(PHIA) in specific PEPFAR-supported countries. Each PHIA will define the status of the national HIV epidemic, guide allocation of resources based on evidence, and integrate capacity building of country stakeholders in the design, conduct, analysis, and use of PHIAs.
ICAP, in partnership with the Ministry of Health(MoH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC), is planning to conduct a PHIA to estimate the population-level impact of the national HIV prevention, care and treatment programs in Cameroon. In addition to providing important programmatic information to the MoH and relevant stakeholders, this assessment of the national HIV program is of great value to HIV.
More details on ICAP's PHIA Project may be found at: http://icap.columbia.edu/news-events/detail/icap-to-lead-large-population-based-hiv-surveys-in-20-african-countries
In order to implement this important project, ICAP Columbia University in Cameroon hereby advertises the recruitment at the following position:
- Communication Officer (01)
- Data and ICT Officer (02)
- Logistics Officer (01)
- Laboratory Assistant (01)
Periodic domestic travel throughout Cameroon to support the planning and implementation of the PHIA Project will be requested.
Contract Duration: 01 year
Due date: September 4th, 2015
Job Title: LOGISTIC OFFICER (01)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the PHIA Project Director, the Logistcs Officer is responsible for the tactical coordinating of procurement and logistics of survey and laboratory goods for the Cameroon PHIA. (S)He will ensure team adherence to purchasing policies, procedures and practices, and will provide procurement and logistical support to the Cameroon PHIA project. This position is grant funded.
- Coordinate and plan laboratory and/or survey procurements including but not limited to developing and placing purchasing orders, monitoring delivery schedules, facilitating customs clearance(including duty-free clearance where possible), ensuring safe storage upon arrival and coordinating delivery to endpoints in-country.
- Establish, negotiate and manage key supplier agreements, identify new opportunities, seek ways to improve efficiencies and ensure purchasing compliance.
- Develop and maintain effective procurement systems, by identifying, and developing or improving processes and practices to ensure ICAP obtains the best value for expenditure on goods and services.
- Coordinate the tender and quotation process of ICAP while actively monitoring procedures accross the organization, identifying any deficiencies and recommendations steps for improvement.
- Communicate and report on procurement progress against workplans through developing, compiling, reconciling and/or updating information in vendor and stock database/inventory log to provide effective processing, informing management and reporting.
- Liaise with ICAP's suppliers to ensure that the most up-to-date data is available for the supply of goods and services.
- Provide staff training and control to sub-recipient partners relating to ICAP purchasing processes, procedures, guidelines and general good procurement practices.
- Provide logistical support and assistance to sub-recipients partners.
- Other duties as appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Diploma in Procurement/Supply Chain Management/Logistics or business related field from a reputable academic institution.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND OTHER SKILLS
- Demonstrated ability to manage timely procurement and delivery of items with tight deadlines.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Procurement, Supply Chain and Logistics.
- Experience with USG as well as local procurement policies, procedures and practices.
- Prior experience with donor funded project dealing with HIV/AIDS care and treatment is desirable.
- Prior experience with lab or survey related procurement alse desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication(written and spoken) skills in English as well as relevant local languages.
- Proficiency in relevant computer applications: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Email, etc.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently.
- Ability to function independently; results-oriented; detail oriented.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, good attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problem and work as part of a team.
How to apply
All qualified candidates should provide the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualification:
- 01 cover letter
- Update resume or CV
Please, indicate position being applied for in the subject line and do not attach certificates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICAP Cameroon Office, Street 1800, Bastos, Opposite Netherland Consulate, Yaoundé or sent by mail to email@example.com
NOTE: These are local hire positions and the successful candidates will be employees of ICAP in Cameroon and subject to the local terms and conditions of employment which includes a competitive salary and benefits package.
ICAP is an equal opportunity employer, values inclusion and a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes ICAP Cameroon
Drivers ICAP Cameroon à Yaoundé
Community Mobilizer Officer ICAP Cameroon à Yaoundé
Human Resources Officer ICAP Cameroon à Yaoundé
Data and ICT Officer ICAP Cameroon à Yaoundé