Data and ICT Officer
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Street 1800, Bastos, Opposite Netherland Consulate Yaoundé-Cameroon- Email: email@example.com
ICAP at Columbia University is an international non-profit organization that aims to ensure the wellness of families and communities by strengthening health systems around the world. ICAP is one of the world's largest implementation and technical assistance providers for HIV and related health programs and a global leader in HIV prevention, care, and treatment system strengthening, including the areas of strategic information, clinical services, and program management. With its roots in comprehensive, family focused HIV services, ICAP is widely respected for its success in both technical assistance and capacity building of innovative, effective, and ethical programs in the most challenging of resource-limited settings.
In partnership with the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC), ICAP will conduct Population-based HIV Impact Assessments(PHIA) in specific PEPFAR-supported countries. Each PHIA will define the status of the national HIV epidemic, guide allocation of resources based on evidence, and integrate capacity building of country stakeholders in the design, conduct, analysis, and use of PHIAs.
ICAP, in partnership with the Ministry of Health(MoH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC), is planning to conduct a PHIA to estimate the population-level impact of the national HIV prevention, care and treatment programs in Cameroon. In addition to providing important programmatic information to the MoH and relevant stakeholders, this assessment of the national HIV program is of great value to HIV.
More details on ICAP's PHIA Project may be found at: http://icap.columbia.edu/news-events/detail/icap-to-lead-large-population-based-hiv-surveys-in-20-african-countries
In order to implement this important project, ICAP Columbia University in Cameroon hereby advertises the recruitment at the following position:
- Communication Officer (01)
- Data and ICT Officer (02)
- Logistics Officer (01)
- Laboratory Assistant (01)
Periodic domestic travel throughout Cameroon to support the planning and implementation of the PHIA Project will be requested.
Contract Duration: 01 year
Due date: September 4th, 2015
Job Title: DATA AND ICT OFFICER (02)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Data and ICT Officer is responsible for in-country management, storage, and security of data, as well as other technical aspects of the population-based surveys conducted on tablets. S/he will work to ensure delivery of clean, high-quality survey data and troubleshoot possible ICT challenges during data collection. This position is grant funded.
- Attend in-country meetings on data management and security and facilitate consensus on data architecture plan.
- Collaborate with NY-based Lead SI Advisor and regional ICT Specialist to conduct testing of ODK tablet forms.
- Troubleshooting platform-level technology issues that may arise with tablets under the guidance of the NY-based Data Manager and regional ICT Specialist.
- Help identify and resolve potential connection issues within the survey team(e.g., from tablets to a group router, from lab equipment to tablets, etc.).
- Help troubleshoot database.
- Conduct daily data quality control checks under guidance of NY-based Data Manager and regional ICT manager.
- Provide remote technical assistance by phone or through remote access of tablets used during survey.
- Provide in-person technical support on ad-hoc basis for field teams.
- Provide technical assistance to MOH ICT team to obtain and maintain local copy of survey data.
- Install application updates under guidance of NY-based Data Manager and regional ICT Specialist.
- Coordinate replacement of damaged or lost equipement.
- Report and send damaged for repair.
- Control and maintain an active inventory of tablets and other ICT equipment.
- Troubleshoot basic network configuration issues on IP-enabled lab equipment.
- Troubleshoot basic software issues for the satellite and lab databases.
- Help troubleshoot any software and connectivity issues with PIMA machines and Alere server.
- Perform other related duties as directed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Informatics, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of two(2) years of related experience managing and working directly with health informatics applications and databases from large research studies.
- Demonstrated experience conducting data quality checks and producing data collection monitoring reports.
- Demonstrated experience in using and troubleshooting electronic data collection tools, especially tablets.
- Basic understanding of cloud-based data storage service offerings.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP protocol suite.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND OTHER SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience in providing remote assistance(e.g., from a central office location) to public health teams working in the field.
- Demonstrated and successful experience managing large, population-based survey data.
- Demonstrated experience in resolving IP-level connection issues, IPv4 subnetting, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in working with mobile telecommunication technologies(GSM, 3G/4G, etc.), mainly in disconnected mode.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with issues relating to HIV/AIDS.
How to apply
All qualified candidates should provide the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualification:
- 01 cover letter
- Update resume or CV
Please, indicate position being applied for in the subject line and do not attach certificates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICAP Cameroon Office, Street 1800, Bastos, Opposite Netherland Consulate, Yaoundé or sent by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: These are local hire positions and the successful candidates will be employees of ICAP in Cameroon and subject to the local terms and conditions of employment which includes a competitive salary and benefits package.
ICAP is an equal opportunity employer, values inclusion and a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes ICAP Cameroon
Drivers ICAP Cameroon à Yaoundé
Community Mobilizer Officer ICAP Cameroon à Yaoundé
Human Resources Officer ICAP Cameroon à Yaoundé
LOGISTIC OFFICER ICAP Cameroon à Yaoundé