British High Commission
BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION
VACANCY NOTICE NO – 02/15 YAO
POSITION: Residence Manager
SECTION: Corporate Services Team
POSITION TYPE: Partime, 1 year renewable
Main purpose of job:
The main function of the Residence Manager is to ensure the smooth and professional day to day running of the Residence (staff, budget, events).It requires someone with good management and administration skills.
The job is part-time (50%) and will require an average of 17 ½ hours of work per week. The working hours will be flexible but will require some work in the evenings when there are functions, and occasional (perhaps once or twice a year) work at weekends.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Manage the day to day functioning of the Residence to a high standard of efficiency and professionalism, in keeping with UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) guidelines on residences.
- Plan and manage the High Commissioner’s programme of hospitality at the residence.
- Work closely with PA/HC and the High Commissioner’s wife regarding scheduling and any other issues relevant to the Residence or the events.
- Organise and co-ordinate all aspects of the High Commissioner’s hosted events to a high level of professionalism, creativity and value for money, working effectively with relevant High Commission staff concerned.
- Recommend menus, plan the setup of events, staffing, and seating plan. Be present during the event to ensure that all staff fulfill their duties correctly.
- Work closely with organisations, companies and any other associations, which occasionally use the Residence as a venue for functions, generating revenue for the Mission where appropriate.
- Manage the team of 3 staff and the Residence.
- Liaise with High Commission Corporate Services Team over Residence needs for general maintenance and procurement of necessary furniture and equipment.
- Run an account for Residence shopping (food, drinks, flowers, extra staff etc), accounting for all expenditure, costing each event individually.
- Maintain accurate records of Residence activity and residence assets such as: inventory of wine, beer, soft drinks and food stocks and of residence property, government art and furnishings.
- Request repairs to the Residence and suggest improvements and replacement of equipment, including in the kitchen, when required.
In general the manager will need to organize her/his working hours to ensure that she/he is able to effectively manage the Residence permanent and temporary staff (three permanent staff and additional temporary staff for functions)
Key competences required:
- Competence 1: Collaborating and Partnering
- Competence 2: Delivering Value for Money
- Competence 3: Delivering a Quality Service
- Competence 4: Changing and Improving
Language: English and/or French. Fluency in both languages is an added advantage
Level of language required: Proficient
Other skills / experience / qualifications:
- Ability to plan, manage and deliver successful events; multitasking and working under pressure.
- Demonstrated experience of managing a budget.
- Excellent staff management skills and effective communication.
- Knowledge of restaurant, hotel or catering company food and beverage skills, and menu preparation.
- Problem solving initiative. Anticipates and takes initiative to avoid problems or fix them; uses information and experience to solve problems effectively.
- IT skills sufficient to use Word, Excel and to send and receive emails.
Salary & Benefits
The position is at grade A1 (L) with salary subject to Insurance and tax as per the usual regulations. We offer a competitive package including medical benefits, performance related bonus, recreational facilities, and opportunities for job related training & development. The position is offered initially as a one year fixed term contract with a second year subject to mutual agreement.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Cameroon with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- The British High Commission in Yaounde is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
- Staff members recruited locally by the British High Commission in Yaounde are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Cameroonian employment law.
- Spouses/registered partners of UK Based Staff, are able to work within the BHC/BCG but their salary will be abated at the appropriate tax rates.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
- If you have not heard from us 3 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Note: Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited.
Employment will be subject to obtaining the appropriate security clearance.
All applicants should submit a short (1 page maximum) covering letter stating why they are a suitable candidate for the position along with a copy of their CV in English, by email to: Recruitment.Africa@fco.gov.uk
Internal applicants should also submit the above, with a copy of their most recent (last 24 months) appraisals to the same email address.
All candidates: Please quote in the subject line, of your email, the Vacancy Notice No: 02/15 YAO and the position you are applying for.
Internal candidates, and spouses of diplomatic officers: Please quote in the subject line, of your email, the Vacancy Notice No: 02/15 YAO, and the position you are applying for, and also indicate that you are an internal candidate, or spouse of a diplomatic officer.
Only electronic applications sent via email will be accepted.
The closing date is 22 June 2015 and no further applications will be accepted after this date.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes British High Commission
Political and Communications Officer British High Commission à Yaoundé
Driver British High Commission à Yaoundé
FINANCE/MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT British High Commission à Yaoundé
Prosperity Assistant British High Commission à Yaoundé
Drivers British High Commission à Yaoundé