Catholic Relief Services
A Development Organization is seeking the services of a qualified, experienced and highly motivated Program Manager (PM I) who will be responsible for ensuring the quality of CRS Cameroon emergency programming, including planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, budget management, and financial reporting. S/he will lead the development of appropriate training, assessment and monitoring tools for the program. The PM will prepare and review reports for the donor, providing constructive feedback to team members. The PM will coordinate day-to-day activities and supervise the program team, overseeing the budget and ensuring that activities align with project objectives, CRS and donor guidelines. The PM will ensure that programs are consistent with CRS protection and gender policies and compliant with donor regulations. S/he will ensure that a “do no harm” approach is applied, and that protection is mainstreamed.
This position is based in Kousseri and is contingent on donor funding
A. Program Quality:
- Responsible for leading planning, implementation, and monitoring of all program activities.
- Ensure program’s strategic objectives and results are fully accomplished and meet expected technical quality standards.
- Ensure timely accurate reporting to CRS and the donor.
- Ensure that regulations of the cash-based food assistance project are strictly adhered to.
- Use project management tools to plan, review and track progress on implementation and effective use of resources.
- Develop reports and human interest stories.
- Ensure integration of gender and protection.
- Work closely with CRS and partner staff to ensure that data is used and analyzed as the basis for process documentation, program planning, learning and orientation and program performance measurement.
B. Administrative and Financial Management:
- Manage the budget, track financial resources and monthly spending trends using approved Agency standards based on CRS guiding principles and Catholic social teaching
- Ensure accurate timely reporting of program finances and progress status, review actual financial performance against the budget, and explain variances on a regular basis.
- Ensure compliance with internal CRS and donor requirements.
- Ensure that all relevant documents, correspondence, and e-mails are properly maintained according to the established filing system.
- Ensure program staff comply with CRS administrative and operational procedures and policies
C. Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Lead development of, and oversee internal monitoring and evaluation systems to ensure high quality programming, including developing the indicators, and verification tools and reporting
- Lead design and implementation of surveys, assessments, and evaluations
- Lead monthly monitoring visits to beneficiary communities
- Facilitate consultation forums with refugees
- Conduct ad-hoc visits and meetings with diverse stakeholders
- Track program performance against indicators
- Facilitate feedback, learning, and information sharing among stakeholders
D. Project Control, Partnerships and Collaboration:
- Be familiar with CRS partnership principals, establishing and fostering positive relations with partners
- When appropriate, seek strategic partnership opportunities
- Manage relationships between contractor, community members, local government officials and other key stakeholders
- Pro-actively identify problems and make decisions regarding changes in project completion dates and budget expenditures, in consultation with supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree in relevant field or equivalent demonstrable working experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in project management, especially cash-based programming with at least one year in an emergency context
- Strong background in monitoring and evaluation, with a demonstrated ability to analyze both quantitative and qualitative data
- Proven ability to conceive and manage systems and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook required, knowledge in other data management software is an added advantage
- Proven ability to think strategically
- Ability to work under remote supervision
- Ability to manage a team, and flexibility to work in high pressure environment
- Cultural sensitivity, patience and flexibility
- Experience of working with international NGOs
- Fluency in speaking, reading and writing English and French
- Willingness to learn additional technical skills
- High level of integrity and accountability
- Driving license: category A preferable. The role will require frequent travel on a motorbike-the applicant must be comfortable travelling solo on a motorbike covering significant distances in rural areas
- Proven leadership and inter-personal skills and ability to build and motivate diverse and talented teams
- Excellent leadership, budget/financial management, analytical, communication and project specific technical skills
Required Travel: Frequent travel between kousseri and program sites (Makari, Fotokol and Hile Alifa), as well as occasional travel to Yaoundé and Maroua.
Work Environment: Kousseri is a town of Logone and Chari division in the far North region. It has limited infrastructure: markets offer a variety of goods, and there are a few local restaurants. Electrical blackouts are frequent, and internet service is limited.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Application files including: Cover letter and CV, 3 References, and copies of relevant supporting documents to the application should be forward to:
The Resident Representative
PO Box 1851, Yaoundé – Cameroon
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying "Far North Cash Program Manager" in the e-mail subject line
Closing date: April 17, 2017 at 5pm
Incomplete and/or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes Catholic Relief Services
Administrative and Finance Project Assistant Catholic Relief Services à Kousseri
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Project Assistant Catholic Relief Services à Kousseri
Livelihood Project Manager Catholic Relief Services à Batouri
Livelihood Project Assistants Catholic Relief Services à Batouri, Bertoua, Garoua Boulai and Yokadouma