Administrative and Finance Project Assistant
Catholic Relief Services
A Development Organization seeks to hire an Administrative and Finance Project Assistant who will be supporting all program activities within the Emergency multi-purpose cash support to households affected by the Boko Haram crisis project. The PA will provide necessary administrative, finance, and logistical support to the project team. The PA will assist the Project Manager (PM) and MEAL Project Assistants in programmatic, administrative and financial management of all aspects of the project.
The position is based in Kousseri and is contingent on donor funding
- Assist the PM and implementing field-based program activities, including organizing beneficiary meetings/discussions, sharing information, etc.
- Support setting up of reporting mechanisms for beneficiary. Receive and address complaints, compile reports from the field. Ensure that team is informed of feedback gathered from the field. Receive complaints from partners and find solutions in consultation with the department.
- Participate in project planning and monitoring meetings.
- Collaborate with local animators in project sites, cultivating strong functional working relationship.
Administration, Finance, and Logistics
- Check that financial report, invoices, receipts and other documents are accurate and valid before submission to the finance department.
- Plan for and provide administrative, finance, and logistical support in all program activities.
- Prepare and submit requisitions for approval.
- Assist in the preparation of all necessary documentation for the various program activities.
- Prepare mission orders and other travel documents.
- Support fleet management.
- Monitor the progress of reports of program activities.
- Manage internal and external correspondence of the program.
- Provide technical support to various project partners.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- University degree in accounting or relevant field or equivalent demonstrable working experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in administrative and financial project support
- Minimum 2 years’ community development or humanitarian assistance programs, including at least one year working in an emergency environment.
- Experience in implementation of projects funded by international donors.
- Excellent written communication and computer skills (Windows, Word, Excel, Access) in both French and English.
- Strong organizational skills, ability, to work under pressure within tight timelines under minimal or remote supervision
- Strong interpersonal, cultural sensitivity, diplomacy and flexibility, Ability to liaise effectively with project beneficiaries, vendors and partners.
- Ability to collaborate and work with different people from diverse backgrounds.
- High level of integrity and accountability.
- Driving License: category A, preferable. The role will require frequent travel on motorbike- the applicant must be comfortable travelling solo on a motorbike covering significant distances in rural areas.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Work Environment: Kousseri is a town of Logone and Chari division in the far North region, close to Chad. It has limited infrastructure: markets offer a variety of goods, and there are a few local restaurants. Electrical blackouts are frequent, and internet service is limited.
Disclaimer: this job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, dutie, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Application files including: Cover letter and CV, 3 References, and copies of relevant supporting documents to the application should be forward to:
The Resident Representative
PO Box 1851, Yaoundé – Cameroon
or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying "Far North Cash Project Admin & Finance Assistant" in the e-mail subject line
Closing date: April 17, 2017 at 5pm
Incomplete and/or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes Catholic Relief Services
Program Manager Catholic Relief Services à Kousseri
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Project Assistant Catholic Relief Services à Kousseri
Livelihood Project Manager Catholic Relief Services à Batouri
Livelihood Project Assistants Catholic Relief Services à Batouri, Bertoua, Garoua Boulai and Yokadouma