Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Project Assistant
Catholic Relief Services
A Development Organization is seeking the services of two (02) qualified, experienced and highly motivated Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Project Assistant (MEAL PA) who will be supporting all program activities within the emergency multi-purpose cash support to households affected by the Boko Haram crisis project. The PAs will be responsible for working with the Project Manager (PM) to ensure the success of project. In collaboration with the PM, the MEAL PAs will ensure the quality of services and activities rendered by CRS for the project beneficiaries.
The PAs will based in kousseri, in the Far North Region, the PA travel frequently to implementation sites Fotokol, Makari and Hile Alifa
This position is based in Kousseri and is contingent on donor funding
A. Program Quality:
- Lead beneficiary selection and beneficiaries’ documentation, agreements and correspondence
- Assist the PM and PAs in planning and implementing field-based program activities, including organizing beneficiary meeting/discussions, sharing information, etc.
- Participate in project planning and monitoring meetings.
- Collaborate with local animators in project sites, cultivating strong functional working relationships
- Establish and maintain excellent collaborative working relationships with local partners and community members.
- Support the monitoring of project budget and expenses for activities realized, as well as ensuring the timely submission of financial reports of the partner.
- Regular project site visits to organize project activities, facilitate coordination with all stakeholders (communities, leaders, government authorities, etc) and monitor all project activities to ensure the realization of all project objectives.
- Implement all MEAL activities from start-up to the final evaluation. This includes post distribution surveys, satisfaction surveys, monitoring of market prices, monitoring of program data (nutrition and food security indicators), etc.
- Support setting up of reporting mechanism for beneficiaries. Receive and address complaints, compile reports from the field. Ensure that team is informed of feedback gathered from the field. Receive complaints from partners and find solutions in consultation with the department.
- Provide status/field reports, program updates, and photos, regularly.
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree in relevant field or equivalent demonstrable working experience
- Knowledge and experience on implementing MEAL systems and tools, specifically with beneficiary registration, monitoring food-voucher distributions, conducting post-distribution monitoring surveys, using ICT4D tools and methods etc.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in community development or humanitarian assistance programs, including at least one year working in an emergency environment
- Ability to liaise effectively with projects beneficiaries, vendors and partners.
- Experience in implementation of projects funded by international donors.
- Excellent written communication and computer skills (Windows, Word, Excel, Access) in both French and English
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work under pressure within tight timelines under minimal or remote supervision
- Ability to collaborate and work with different people from diverse backgrounds.
- High level of integrity and accountability
- Driving license: category a preferable. The role will require frequent travel on a motorbike-the applicant must be comfortable travelling solo on a motorbike covering significant distances in rural areas
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in English and French (written and oral)
Required Travel: Frequent travel between kousseri to villages in Makari, Fotokol and Hile Alifa
Work Environment: Kousseri is a town of Logone and Chari department. It has limited infrastructure: markets offer a variety of goods, and there are a few local restaurants. Electrical blackouts are frequent, and internet service is limited.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Application files including: Cover letter and CV, 3 References, and copies of relevant supporting documents to the application should be forward to:
The Resident Representative
PO Box 1851, Yaoundé – Cameroon
or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying "Far North Cash MEAL Project Assistant" in the e-mail subject line
Closing date: April 17, 2017 at 5pm
Incomplete and/or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes Catholic Relief Services
Program Manager Catholic Relief Services à Kousseri
Administrative and Finance Project Assistant Catholic Relief Services à Kousseri
Livelihood Project Manager Catholic Relief Services à Batouri
Livelihood Project Assistants Catholic Relief Services à Batouri, Bertoua, Garoua Boulai and Yokadouma