Human Resource Manager
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
Reporting Relationships: The Human Resource Manager reports to the Associate Director of Operations
The Human Resources Manager leads and coordinates the HR systems and functions necessary to support the country program objectives, facilitating the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce, and the development of an employee-oriented, high performance culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
HR Leadership & Support:
- Develop and implement national HR strategies, plans & budgets that support program objectives, and ensure full implementation of defined HR standards & good practices.
- Advise and support management staff on the full range of HR activities.
- Provide overall leadership to HR support staff.
- Conduct regular field trips to project offices to monitor and review human resource and administrative procedures and assist project staff, where appropriate.
Staffing & Recruitment
- Develop & implement a recruitment plan that meets current and future program needs.
- Co-ordinate and support the recruitment and selection process for national staff.
- Coach and train staff involved in recruitment on best practices and equal opportunities.
- Coordinate the orientation / on-boarding of new staff members.
HR Policies & Compliance
- Administer HR policies, including the establishment & maintenance of employee terms & conditions of service, salaries & benefits, employment contracts, leave records etc.
- Review and benchmark remuneration & HR policies, and propose necessary adjustments or new policies to ensure the program remains competitive.
- Ensure complete and up-to-date employment documentation and confidential handling of employee information.
- Ensure compliance with all internal policies and procedures as well as external regulatory concerns and applicable labour laws.
- Advise and coach staff at all levels on issues related to legal compliance, disciplinary procedure, grievance and conflict resolution procedures.
- Facilitate employee communication, ensure regular open channels of internal communication, support staff committees as necessary
- Provide employee services and counseling, and advise on resolving conflicts and major employee grievances.
- Advise on discipline and termination of staff, ensuring compliance with legal / labour law requirements.
- Ensure employee safety, welfare, wellness and health.
Learning and Development, & Performance Management
- Assess the learning and development needs of program staff and develop a program-wide learning and development strategy.
- Identify career growth and development opportunities for high potential staff, and facilitate management & leadership development initiatives.
- Conduct evaluations and impact assessments of program-wide learning initiatives.
- Manage and develop the staff performance management process.
General HR Issues
- Attend and participate in relevant inter-agency coordination meetings.
- Develop and implement an effective HR database and reporting system.
- Ensure timely reporting and responsiveness to requests for information & support.
- Overall responsibility for office administration, including reception, facility security and upkeep, as well as office planning.
- Ensure proper planning and preparation in respect of departing staff, including succession planning, facilitated handover of duties, payment of terminal dues, exit interviews etc.
- Master’s degree in human resource management, organization development, organizational psychology or similar
- Additional professional certification in HRM preferred
- 4-5 years’ experience in human resource management, with at least 3 years’ experience in a senior leadership position.
- NGO and international donor/grantee compliance experience a plus
- Knowledge of national labour law, employment legislation & employment practices
- Experience working with HRIS, performance management systems, remuneration systems
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, with demonstrated success working in a team environment
- Integrity, objectivity, and the ability to gain the trust and respect of peers
- Sound judgement, a broad view, drive, enthusiasm and a passion for people development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Fluency in English and at least one local language
- Culturally astute, respectful and tolerant
- Willingness to travel regularly to field offices, with occasional international travel
- Highly developed organizational and leadership skills, superior attention to detail, exceptional follow-through and accountability for results.
- Disciplined with priorities, excellent time management and ability to work effectively under deadline pressures; proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks with competing demands under tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with proven ability to exercise sound judgment, take initiative and produce results.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as under supervision and as part of a team.
- Ability to perform and thrive in an international organization with an international-standard, professional working style and business culture.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and ability to establish and maintain and foster good working relations in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary working environment.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, and willing to receive feedback and learn from others.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Professional presentation in demeanor and written and oral communication.
- Passionate commitment to and understanding of EGPAF’s mission, vision and values
Employee Status: Full Time Employee
As a core value to help achieve our mission, the Foundation embraces a culture of honesty, integrity, and ethical business practices and expects its business partners to do the same. Specifically, our procurement processes are fair and open and allow all vendors/consultants equal opportunity to win our business. We will not tolerate fraud or corruption, including kickbacks, bribes, undisclosed familial or close personal relationships between vendors and Foundation employees, or other unethical practices.
How to apply?
Email a cover letter and CV to CameroonRecruitment@pedaids.org. The subject should read HR Manager.
Deadline for applications: May 5, 2017.
PLEASE Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
Procurement Officer Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation à Yaoundé
Pediatric Technical Advisor Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation à Douala
Finance Manager Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation à Yaoundé
Community Engagement Officer Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation à Yaoundé