Title: Procurement Associate - UNDP CO
Job ID: 8971
Practice Area - Job Family: Management - PROCUREMENT
Vacancy End Date: 07/04/2017 (Midnight New York, USA)
Duty Station: Yaounde, Cameroon
Education & Work Experience: C-HS Graduate or Equivalent - 7 year(s) experience, E-Technical School - 0 year(s) experience
Languages Required: English, French
Vacancy Type: FTA Local
Posting Type: External
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the Procurement Associate provides leadership in execution of procurement services in CO ensuring their effectiveness, transparency and integrity. The Procurement Associate promotes a client-focused, quality and results- oriented approach in the Unit.
The Procurement Associate supervises and leads the support staff of the Procurement Unit. The Procurement Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the CO and UNDP HQs staff for resolving complex procurement-related issues and information delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administration and implementation of operational strategies
- Organization of procurement processes
- Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools
- Control of CO Assets
- Organization of logistical services
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures administration and implementation of the operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- CO Procurement business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement and Logistics, control of the workflows in the Procurement Unit.
- Elaboration of proposals and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies in consultation with office management.
Provision of researched information for formulation and implementation of contract strategy and strategic procurement in the CO including tendering processes and evaluation, managing the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, e-procurement introduction
Organizes procurement processes for CO, NEX/DEX projects and at the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement
Ensures implementation of
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice. and e-procurement tools
- Ensures organization of logistical services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of travel including purchase of tickets, DSA calculation, PO preparation; arrangement of shipments; vehicle maintenance; conference facilities arrangements.
- Timely conducted DSA, Travel Agencies, vehicle maintenance, hotel and conference facilities surveys.focusing
- Ensures proper control of CO Assets focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of inventory reports.
- Implementation of Inventory and physical verification control in the CO and projects.on achievement of the following results:
- Development and update of the rosters of suppliers, implementation of supplier selection and evaluation. following results:
- Preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects and their implementation monitoring.
- Organization of procurement processes including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Preparation of Purchase orders and contracts in and outside Atlas, preparation of Recurring Purchase orders for contracting of services, vendors’ creation in Atlas. Buyers profile in Atlas.
- Review of procurement processes conducted by projects; submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
- Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Presentation of researched information on procurement in the CO.
- Preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Organization of joint procurement processes for the UN Agencies in line with the UN reform.
- Building Strategic Partnerships
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Promoting Organizational Change and Development
- Design and Implementation of Management Systems
- Client Orientation
- Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum required: Secondary Education with specialized training in procurement.
- University Degree in Management or Economy or Business, or Logistics or Public Administration, would be desirable
- 7 years of relevant administrative and/or logistics and/or procurement and or Business experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) is required
- Advance knowledge of automated procurement systems is required,
- experience in handling of web based management systems is required,
- Previous minimum of 3 years working experience in Procurement with International Organisms or NGO, or UN System is desirable,
- Knowledge of UN System procurement procedures and rules is desirable.
- Fluency in French or English; with working knowledge of the second language is required.
All interested candidates are invited to apply online through the following link:
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes PNUD Cameroun
Data Entry Assistant PNUD Cameroun à Yaoundé
Assistant Administratif et Financier PNUD Cameroun à Yaoundé
Admin and Finance Assistant PNUD Cameroun à Yaoundé
Adm/Fin Assist PNUD Cameroun à Maroua