Admin and Finance Assistant
Agency: UN Women
Title: Admin and Finance Assistant - humanitarian project in the Far North region CMR-UNWOMEN
Job ID: 8998
Practice Area - Job Family: Management - ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE
Vacancy End Date: 02/04/2017 (Midnight New York, USA)
Duty Station: Yaounde, Cameroon
Education & Work Experience: C-HS Graduate or Equivalent - 1 year(s) experience, H-Some Graduate School - 1 year(s) experience
Languages Required: English, French
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Posting Type: External
Contract Duration: One Year
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women Cameroon Country Office (CO) will implement a one-year humanitarian project in the Far North region starting from April 2017. The project will involve different partners in Maroua and Yaounde.
Under the direct supervision of the Humanitarian specialist with overall guidance from the Finance associate, travelling to Maroua as necessary, the incumbent will provide administrative and financial support related to the project in collaboration with the project staff and other CO members, ensuring high quality and consistent service delivery to facilitate smooth implementation of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Administrative and logistical support
- Support full compliance of project administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Support to organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, and their preliminary evaluation.
- Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents.
- Administrative support to conferences and workshops.
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, provision of information for evaluation and audit.
2. Support to office maintenance and assets management
- Maintenance of records on assets management and preparation of required reports.
- Provision of support to maintenance of premises and common services.
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
- Assistance in budget entry and revisions exercise in Atlas.
- Support Implementing Partners with FACE forms and admin/finance related queries.
- Verify accuracy and relevance of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports.
- Provision of necessary administrative support for effective knowledge management and sharing within the project team.
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration and finance.
- Sound contribution to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
CORE VALUES / GUIDING PRINCIPLES
- Integrity: Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work.
- Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity: Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating difference in values and learning from cultural diversity.
- Ethics and Values: Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity
- Organizational Awareness: Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Development and Innovation: Take charge of self-development and take initiative
- Work in teams: Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Communicating and Information Sharing: Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication
- Self-management and Emotional Intelligence: Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behavior towards others
- Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Encourage learning and sharing of knowledge
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and financial transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Ability to prioritize work and to multi-task;
- Good knowledge of administrative and financial rules and regulations;
- Focused on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Ability to handle web-based management systems;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent knowledge of office software packages.
This post is subject to the availability of project funding.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field would be desirable, but not a prerequisite.
- At least one year of solid experience in administration, finance, procurement, or logistical support services. Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
Language Requirements: Fluency in French and English
All interested candidates are invited to apply online through the following link:
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes PNUD Cameroun
Data Entry Assistant PNUD Cameroun à Yaoundé
Procurement Associate PNUD Cameroun à Yaoundé
Assistant Administratif et Financier PNUD Cameroun à Yaoundé
Adm/Fin Assist PNUD Cameroun à Maroua