FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
CBM Cameroon Country Coordinator Office (CBM CCO Cam)
CBM is an international Christian development organization, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world. CBM addresses poverty as a cause and a consequence of disabilities.
With a global network of partner, CBM seeks to build and promote an inclusive world in which all persons with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential. CBM key mandate areas include eye care, rehabilitation, livelihood and empowerment of Persons with Disabilities. Together with its partners, CBM Cameroon Country coordination Office is in more than 15 projects in Cameroon, Chad and CAR and reached over 750,000 beneficiaries in 2016. CBM’s Country Coordination Office is now looking for suitable candidates to fill the position of Finance and Administration Manager.
Locations: Yaoundé, Cameroon with frequent travels
Contract Duration: 1 years with possible of extension
Contract Type: Local staff-Full time
Contract start: As soon as possible
The Finance and Administration Manager (FAM) is expected to strengthen the country office finance and administration functions so that the office will have enough capacity to provide support to the projects in the country portfolio. The main focus of the role will be on putting in place systems to ensure compliance and ensuring that all the staff are trained on these systems. S/he provides rapid accountability support to ensure that the CCO and partners are able to react appropriately to cases regarding violation of accountability standards.
The FAM reports to the Country Representative of CBM in Cameroon.
- Ensure that the office is compliant with respect to the following: registration, legal contracts, statutory & tax obligations, hidden liabilities in the form of recoverable, contingencies, leases, or insurances
- Ensure proper management and documentation of cash-flow
- Ensure consistency and compliance with in-country relevant local regulations, CBM internal policies and rules, contracts implementation and donors’ requirements in financial reporting
- Ensure that CCO financial records and accounts are well maintained and secured
- Build capacity of the local staff in the finance and administration department on best practices in finance management
- Provide the country representative with advice on financial planning, budget forecast and best practices on financial management
- Work closely with the Country Representative in procurements matters and in issuing/or maintain adequate health and other insurance policies…etc.
- Contextualize HR-specific guidelines and policies to country situation (recruitment, compensation, training, etc.)
- Provide technical support to finance managers at project level and ensure that they have systems in place for good financial management.
- CPA or equivalent professional qualification, MBA, Master’s degree in Finance and/or qualified by experience
- Qualified Accountant (CPA or equivalent professional qualification)
- Knowledge in human resources management, especially, personnel administration
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years relevant experience in a finance/admin function in the field at an appropriate level, with sound understanding of working with an international NGO
- Experience of multi-currency accounting
- Experience of working in a cross-cultural environment and in complex environment.
- Proven financial analysis and forecast ability
- Previous humanitarian scale up experience
- Production and interpretation of management accounts
- Proven ability to provide support, guidance and training to financial and nonfinancial managers and colleagues
- Communication and reporting skills (verbal and writing)
- Ability to work to deadlines with good periodization and time management skills
- Good computer literacy, with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook and accounting software.
Fluency in spoken and written English and French.
The future job holder adheres to CBM values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct, including Child Safeguarding and Safety & Security Policy.
CBM is an equal opportunities employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experience, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit in English via e-mail:
- A meaningful letter of motivation,
- A CV, copies of diplomas, three professional references and salary expectations quoted in Cameroon XAF to: email@example.com
Application deadline: 28 March 2017
N.B: Email subject line read "FAM CBM CAMEROON"
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes CBM
Risks and Compliance Manager CBM à Yaoundé
COUNTRY REPRESENTATIVE CBM, lieu non précisé
Program Officer CBM à Yaoundé