Coordonateur Régional Afrique Centrame
GLOBAL WATER PARTNERSHIPS
Global Water Partnership (GWP) is a global action network of partners supporting countries and regions in the sustainable development and management of water and related resources worldwide. GWP was created to foster the implementation of integrated water resources management (IWRM). GWPs vision is for a water secure world in which communities are protected from floods, droughts, and water borne diseases, and where environmental protection and the negative effects of poor water management are effectively addressed. The GWP Network is supported and guided by the Global Water Partnership Organization (GWPO), an intergovernmental organization based in Stockholm, Sweden, which supports the structures established to group GWP Partners at different levels. GWP provides its Partners around the world with a neutral platform to uphold the core values of inclusiveness, openness, transparency, accountability, respect, gender sensitivity, and solidarity, and realize its mission to advance the governance and management of water resources for sustainable and equitable development. GWP delivers its global program through a network of 13 Regional Water Partnerships of which the Global Water Partnership-Central Africa (GWP-CAf) is one. In this capacity, GWP-CAf provides support to the implementation of GWP’s strategic goals. GWP-CAf is currently implementing the second phase of its 2014–2019 strategy. GWP-CAf is a Regional Water Partnership (RWP) within the GWP Network, and brings together governmental, non-governmental, research, private and civil institutions and groups as well as all other water sector related institutions from the region and its countries. GWP-CAf works closely with the Economic Community of Central African States (ECCAS), Transboundary River Basin Organizations, and other key regional institutions in Central Africa region, for the purpose of supporting countries in the region in the sustainable development and management of their water resources by promoting and implementing IWRM principles.
Location: The position will be based in Yaoundé, Cameroon
Duration: 2 years renewable.
- The Regional Coordinator (RC) is the head of the Regional Secretariat based in Yaoundé, Cameroon, and is accountable, according to the GWP-CAf Statutes;
- Responsible for the management and administration of the GWP-CAf Secretariat (in collaboration with the Host Institution and GWPO)to ensure effective development of and efficient delivery of the GWP-CAf programs, as well as to ensure a high quality professional service to the Partnership and outside;
- Based on the RSC strategic direction, be responsible for all aspects in relation to development, implementation, reporting, financial management and administration of the Regional Work Program, in collaboration with the GWP Partners in the region and other strategic regional institutions;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships and synergies with strategic and financing partners, and CWPs where they exist;
- Ensure the establishment of Country Water Partnerships (CWP) where they do not exist according to the GWP CAf Strategic Action Plan;
- Be responsible for fundraising for work plan activities, networking to find fruitful partnerships with other organizations and coordinating preparation of project proposals. Regional fund raising for the GWP-CAf and supports coordination of fund raising for CWP programs;
- Report to both the Chair and the RSC on the progress of the RWP activities with quarterly reports (both narrative and financial);
- Support the Chair and the RSC to ensure compliance with the GWP Conditions for Accreditation for RWP and CWPs, as well as with RWP statutes;
- Liaise and consult with the Chair of the RSC on matters relating to the fundraising and implementation of RSC decisions;
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the Chair.
What you need:
- Advanced degree (M.Sc. degree and above) in any or combination of the following fields: Natural resource management, water management, economics, development studies, environmental and social sciences, engineering or any equivalent educational background.
- At least 10years’ experience working with implementing development projects/programs, of which at least 5 years should be in the Central Africa Region.
- Demonstrated project management, M&E and reporting experience – emphasizing outcomes and impact. Knowledge and experience in using the “Outcome Mapping” approach will be an advantage;
Required skills and competencies
- Demonstrated capacity to develop partnerships with strategic organizations (socio-political and technical), work collaboratively and have experience serving on partner organization boards and Steering Committees;
- Strong managerial and leadership skills are essential, including excellent organizational and analytical capabilities, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- A flexible, diplomatic, friendly and cooperative personality with a sensitive approach to national and regional political environments;
- Good internal and external communications skills, oral and written, with various audiences;
- Fluency in French and English, written and spoken. Knowledge of other regional languages (Spanish, Portuguese) will be an advantage;
- Effective PC skills (Excel, Word, power point, etc.)
How to apply?
The subject should read Application for position of Regional Coordinator for GWP Central Africa.
Deadline for applications: APRIL 9th, 2017.
This call is open to any individual in the Central Africa region, with a nationality of one of the GWP Central Africa region countries (Cameroon, Congo, Central African Republic, Chad, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, and Sao Tome & Principe).
PLEASE Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Be Social, Share! :)