Recruitment of local organizations or Individuals
TERMS OF REFERENCE
For the recruitment of local organizations to build the capacity of cocoa farmers Cooperatives in the marketing of processed cocoa products
Place: Center region for SOCOPROCAON cooperative at Ngomedzap and South West Region fo BAFIAFCOOP cooperative at Muyuka
From 2014-2015, SNV with its partner IITA worked on the cocoa value chain through the "Cameroon Cocoa Eco Project" implemented in Konye and Ayos subdivisions in the South West and Center regions respectively. The project achieved a number of outcomes and innovations that fit into the GIZ initiative on Green Innovations Center involving cocoa and other value chains. A new project titled ProCISA, has been designed for 25 months (Dec 2015-Dec 2017) and is fully funded by German cooperation, implemented in Cameroon by GIZ in partnership with SNV. Under ProCISA, SNV is in charge of Cocoa Business Service Centre component of which cooperative development, Cocoa processing and marketing by cooperatives and sustainable market linkage are the key components of the project.
1. Cooperative development: This component focuses on establishing cocoa business service centres and organisational/institutional development of cooperatives. It fundamentally addresses the challenges around farmers’ organisation, cooperative management and the role of cooperatives as services providers for their members in the context of cocoa liberation.
2. Market linkage: This component involves access to markets for financing, inputs and cocoa beans. It reinforces access to appropriate financing, inputs and profitable markets for cocoa beans. Cocoa quality improvement is a key sub-component under market linkage and will also be addressed through specific activities including traceability, grading the beans, etc.
3. Cocoa processing and marketing by cooperatives: This component encompasses the establishment of fermentation stations, solar dryers and cocoa processing units. BAFIAFCCOP cooperative at Muyuka (South-West region) and SOCOPROCAON at Ngomedzap (Central region) have been equipped but the project with two sets of semi-industrial cocoa processing machines. These sets will allow them to add more value to their cocoa beans and market competitive cocoa processed products. At the stage of the project, the two cooperatives have equipment, cocoa beans are available, a market study has been made with promising results for cooperatives.
This invitation to tender is for the selection of local capacity builder organisation having the necessary skills to strengthen capacities of cooperatives in Marketing of their cocoa processed products.
- Collaboration between SNV Cameroon and the selected LCB aims to improve the incomes of cocoa farmers of cocoa cooperatives through the marketing of cocoa products. The LCB will have the following responsibilities:
- Strengthen the capacity of cooperatives in the marketing of cocoa products (butter, and cocoa powder ),
- Strengthen the capacity of cooperatives to identify, research, and contact prospective customers and build positive relationships that will generate future sales for the cooperatives
- Strengthen the capacity of cooperatives in negotiating prices and delivery times within limits of authority and conclude sales orders to meet revenue targets
- Develop a communicational strategy to increase the cooperatives presence in the market.
- Develop the capacity of cooperative members in adopting appropriate sales strategies through the identification of specific distribution/1sales for cocoa processed products
- Identify and propose appropriate packaging materials for the commercialization of cooperatives products
- Facilitate the organization of business to business (B2B) events for the cooperatives
- Facilitate cooperatives in their organization and participation in sales/trade exhibitions of their products
- Facilitate cooperatives to establish annual, quarterly, monthly, or weekly sales plans and prioritize and schedule activities so these targets are met.
III. The LCB offer
LCBs are invited to prepare a technical and financial proposal for achieving this assignment. Interested LCBs should submit a tender in two parts:
Part 1: Technical proposal
- A letter of motivation
- An understanding of the terms of reference
- An approach and methodology to achieve the results listed in section II.2
- An action plan of the main activities starting Mid-April and ending in October 2017 at the latest
- Any other suggestions to facilitate the smooth running of the mission
- A CV (maximum 4 pages) highlighting relevant LCB experience
Part 2: Financial offer
- The honorarium of the LCB (amount/day)
NB: All other charges will be applied according to the internal procedures of SNV.
IV. Level of Effort
: The maximum number of days is 50 days
V. LCB profile
Local organizations interested in this call should have the following profile;
- Qualification (BAC + ...) in Marketing, business or any related field
- Good experience/knowledge in the field of Agri-trade particularly cocoa products.
- Relationship Building – actively seeks collaboration with others.
- Good network of cocoa actors including major national and international cocoa buying companies
- Good knowledge of the project site, context and local language
- Proven experience in facilitation, training and accompaniment of farmers’ organizations.
- Sensitivity to issues around promoting women, youth and minorities.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office Suite and ability to generate quality reports.
Local organizations interested in this tender are invited to submit their application before March 26th 2017, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com mentioning "CBSC–LCB-01/2017_Marketing cocoa products" in the subject heading. The application will include the following:
VII. Additional information
SNV has no commitment with the tenderer related to the time invested in the preparation and submission of a bid. The LCB financial bid shall only indicate the unit price and the total amount of LCB fees. N.B: Only selected candidates will be contacted
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes SNV
Organisation ou Individus justifiant d'une expérience en construction SNV, lieu non précisé
Local organizations or Individuals specialized in Cocoa fermentation SNV, lieu non précisé
Agribusiness Advisor(Expert) SNV, lieu non précisé
Consultant en Communication SNV, lieu non précisé