UN Coordination Assistant
Title: UN Coordination Assistant
Job ID: 8633
Practice Area - Job Family: Management - OPERATIONS, COORDINATION
Vacancy End Date: 21/03/2017 (Midnight New York, USA)
Duty Station: Yaounde, Cameroon
Education & Work Experience: C-HS Graduate or Equivalent - 5 year(s) experience
Languages Required: English, French
Vacancy Type: FTA Local
Posting Type: External
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Resident Coordinator Office, the UN Coordination Assistant provides assistance to the execution of services in the UN Coordination Unit by managing data and providing support to UN activities implementation. The UN Coordination Assistant promotes a client-oriented approach.
The UN Coordination Assistant works in close collaboration with colleagues in RCO Unit, UNDP Operations and Finance Units, in the CO and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of secretarial support OMT (Operation Management Team), inter-agency administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Provision of inputs to preparation of administrative team results-oriented work plans such as RCO/UNCT annual work plan and budget, drafting administrative correspondences, Notes Verbal’s.
2. Provides support to effective advocacy of UN activities under the guidance of the UN Coordination Strategic Planning Specialist focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of information on RC system activities.
- Preparation of public information materials as requested.
- Support to the functioning of inter-agency mechanisms/working groups in place (data base for each coordination group set up and regularly updated)
- Support and close follow up of the execution of consultants contracts.
3. Ensures effective administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payment from the Support to the Resident Coordination (SRC) fund and other funds for UNCT activities.
- Review of the RC funds expenditures and reporting to the direct supervisor. Preparation of required budget revisions drafts.
- Upon delegation of responsibility, ensure preparation of physical supporting documents necessary to initiate Atlas transaction: Requisition, Voucher, POs, etc.
- Support to organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation.
- Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents.
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Collection of information for DSA, travel agencies and other administrative surveys, support to organization of common services.
- Arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, provision of information for audit.
4. Provides support to RC Office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of records on assets management, preparation of reports of internal meetings.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance
- Provision of support to maintenance of common premises and common services
5. Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Building Strategic Partnerships (for UN Coordination)
Level 1.1: Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing (for UN Coordination)
Level 1.1: Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise (for UN Coordination)
Level 1.1: Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development (for UN Coordination)
Level 1.1: Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
Design and Implementation of Management Systems (for UN Coordination)
Level 1.1: Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
Client Orientation (for UN Coordination)
Level 1.1: Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Responds to client needs promptly
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management (for UN Coordination)
Level 1.1: Gathering and disseminating information
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum required: Secondary Education completed (Baccalaureate or GCE-A both in technical and general studies)
- Specialized certification, Higher National Diploma (in French BTS) or a University degree in Public Administration or in Management, or in Accounting or in Finance will be considered as a distinct advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in both administrative and program support service. Experience in providing support for Coordination activities. Experience in usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Previous experience in operations and or in programme activities with UN System will be an asset
- Experience in Coordination activities with UN System or International Organizations and or NGOs will be an asset.
- French or English with a working knowledge of the other language.
All interested candidates are invited to apply online through the following link:
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes PNUD Cameroun
Data Entry Assistant PNUD Cameroun à Yaoundé
Procurement Associate PNUD Cameroun à Yaoundé
Assistant Administratif et Financier PNUD Cameroun à Yaoundé
Admin and Finance Assistant PNUD Cameroun à Yaoundé
Adm/Fin Assist PNUD Cameroun à Maroua