Human Resources Assistant
Title: Human Resources Assistant
Job ID: 8636
Practice Area - Job Family: Management - HUMAN RESOURCES
Vacancy End Date: 21/03/2017 (Midnight New York, USA)
Duty Station: Yaounde, Cameroon
Education & Work Experience: C-HS Graduate or Equivalent - 3 year(s) experience
Languages Required: English, French
Vacancy Type: FTA Local
Posting Type: External
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
Under the guidance and supervision of the HR Associate, the HR Assistant provides HR services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. The HR Assistant promotes a client-oriented and consistent with rules and regulations approach in the Unit.
The HR Assistant works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the CO and UNDP HQs staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensures implementation of HR strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of HR processes and records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Input to the CO business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in HR management in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
2. Implements HR services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of draft job descriptions, vacancy announcements, compiling matrixes, performing functions of Secretary in interview panels.
- Creation/update of positions in Atlas, association of positions to chart fields (COAs), update of COA information, setting up vendor performing the functions of Admin.HR, Position Administrator and Absence Processor in Atlas. Preparation of contracts (100/300 SSAs, SCs).
- Tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivity, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas.
- Maintenance of the CO staffing table.
- Collection of background information for submissions to the Local Appointment and Promotion Board (LAPB).
- Update of the CO rosters.
- Maintenance of proper filing system for HR records and documents.
- Provision of information for cost-recovery bills in Atlas for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies
3. Ensures proper staff performance management and career development focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of background information to CRG.
- Provision of background information for drafting Whole Office Learning plan and individual learning plans.
4. Ensures conduct of UN-related surveys focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection of information for comprehensive and interim local salary, participation in the work of LSSC, hardship and place-to-place surveys.
5. Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/projects staff on HR.
- Contribution to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Building Strategic Partnerships
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Promoting Organizational Change and Development
- Design and Implementation of Management Systems
- Client Orientation
- Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Minimum required: Secondary Education completed (Baccalaureate or GCE-A) in Arts, Administration, Economy, or Management, Specialized certification in HR or any University Degree in Business, or Public Administration, or Management, Human Resources, or Social Sciences, would be desirable (as an asset)
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant HR and/or administrative experience is required at the national or international level.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (Microsoft Office) is mandatory and will be a serious asset.
- Experience in handling of web based management systems are mandatory and will be a serious asset.
- Previous experience in HR management with UN System is an asset.
- Fluency in/or French/English with working knowledge of the second language
All interested candidates are invited to apply online through the following link:
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes PNUD Cameroun
Assistant Administratif et Financier PNUD Cameroun à Yaoundé
Admin and Finance Assistant PNUD Cameroun à Yaoundé
Adm/Fin Assist PNUD Cameroun à Maroua
UN Coordination Assistant PNUD Cameroun à Yaoundé