Grant Accounts Assistant
Job Advert: Grants Account Assistant (18201)
Plan International is an independent non-profit development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
In order to support our Emergency Response program in Maroua we are recruiting a Grant Accounts Assistant.
DIMENSION OF THE ROLE:
Under the Finance Coordinator, the Grant Accounts Assistant will among many other tasks perform the following:
Business planning process
- Participates in the budgeting process and ensures that the budget to be recovered from grants is highlighted and insert in the budget.
- For regular Plan expenditures (salaries, rent, utilities...)
- Review all grants Project related to EJF (PO) to ensure that the donor account line has been map with the WBS
Accounting and treasury :
- ENSURE THE WBS HAS BEEN PROVIDED TO THE FINANCE CO FOR ALL THE SALARIES OF THE PROJECT STAFF.
- Ensure that the operation cost has been prepared and forwarded the Finance coordinator. has been consumed in a monthly basis through payment and journal vouchers
- Ensure on a monthly basis that the cost recovery voucher
- Ensure that the cost recovery tool is updated and sent to the Finance Coordinator for review
- Ensure that all invoices are recorded and park in the SAP for Finance coordinator review and posting.
What does the job holder plan?
- Cash disbursement and journals,
- Accurate and systematic filling of documents
What are the outputs and deliverables?
- Processes Payment Vouchers and Journal Vouchers through SAP on time and in accordance with the Field Operations Book.
- Files all Disbursement Vouchers/Journal Vouchers systematically no later than the following month, with all supporting documents attached and duly stamped with PAID, date and check number indicated. NB: this must be done before the Document is sent to the Finance Coordinator for review.
- Safe-keeps all unused checks and check stubs in the vault.
- Ensure that all the refunds have been collected and has been recorded and handed to the Finance Coordinator on the same day to be deposited in the Bank.
- Ensure that all payments in the field are done in accordance to the procedure and expense report deposited on time.
- Ensure that Plan’s Child Protection Policy and related procedures are adhered to in all aspects of work
What does the post holder oversee?
- Payment and Journal Vouchers based on approved payment requests, statement of account, invoices, Purchase Orders, etc. through the General Ledger. Encodes accrual accounting entries.
- Accounting records and accountable forms.
- Releases checks to suppliers and to payees.
Criteria for Success
- Accurate recording of disbursement and journal vouchers without voiding,
- Timely release cheques,
- Proper and systematic filling of vouchers,
- Verification and confirmation of bank balance before issuance of checks
- Assurance of adequate voucher payment support package and availability of phones in the Bank
- Cash management without shortage
Financial reporting and analysis:
- Prepare a Budget Versus Actual for project on monthly basis and share with the Project team.
- Always update the Project Coordinator on the status of the project expenditure and all cost to be recovered in the project
- Follow up the spending level of the in all the EJF PROJECT and share it with the project Coordinator
- Be ready to support the project program team and PU (when the Finance Coordinator is on leave or not available to perform the job
- Building the capacity of non Accounting staff to acquire knowledge in finance procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
- University degree in Accounting/Finance/Management
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role or in grants management
- Fair knowledge of project management
- Good experience and knowledge of accounting and grant funds management regulations and procedures;
- Good experience and knowledge on internal financial controls and procedures.
- Good experience in project reporting requirements and knowledge of Plan’s financial systems and procedures.
- Good team player (ability to work in a team)
- Proficient in Microsoft applications especially spread sheets (e.g. excel )
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines
- Self-starter and innovative
- Good English and French is an asset
- Independent minded, objective and demonstrate a sense of integrity.
- Organized, methodic and meticulous
- Innovation and willingness to learn at a faster rate
- Remains calm and positive under pressure and in difficult situations
- Aware of impact on others and adjusting own behaviour accordingly
- Monthly feedback on time
- Monthly Reporting on time.
Physical Environment and Demands:
Ability to work under pressure and in remote area and in zones were security issues is a concern.
To apply for this job, kindly click on "Apply". Your application should include:
- A covering letter
- A comprehensive CV including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current of most recent supervisor
Location: Maroua Program Unit – CAMEROON
Closing date: March 15th, 2017
Plan International Cameroon operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourages diversity. Only applications received in French or English will be treated and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan international has a child protection and gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes Plan Cameroon
Chef de bureau projet social Plan Cameroon à Douala
Assisitant Administratif et Financier DAFI Plan Cameroon à Yaoundé
EiE Project Coordinator PCA4 Plan Cameroon à Maroua
Radio Programming Assistant/ Journalist Plan Cameroon à Maroua
Child Protection in Emergencies Field Animator Plan Cameroon à Maroua