CONSULTANCY : COCOA SPECIALIST
Reports to: Central Africa Manager
Location: Yaoundé, Cameroon
Contract Term: 9-months
Consultancy scope of Work Summary:
This consultancy will support cocoa activities under a Cameroon Community Forestry project by providing training on improving productivity and farmer business skills to cocoa farmers in community forests and cocoa landscapes in the Sangmelima-Djoum-Mintom corridor (South region). Consultant will also provide support to the Central Africa Manager in following up and implementing overall project activities.
- Collect and analyze data on farms, current practices, and potential to increase yields;
- Support the design of the training system and training tools per the SAN Standard, which is a requirement for Rainforest Alliance certification;
- Facilitate the establishment of Farmer Field Schools, i.e. a participatory learning model bringing together a group of farmers under the facilitation of the Cocoa Associate to share production challenges and opportunities, test and learn best management practices;
- Conduct trainings as part of the Farmer Field Schools focused on improving cocoa productivity, quality and environmental impact reduction;
- Provide individual coaching to farms to conduct a diagnosis, prepare an improvement plan, and then follow up on the implementation of best practices, and keep track of results;
- Disseminate information to cocoa value chain actors about Rainforest Alliance Certification for agricultural products;
- Report on project activities as per pre-defined deliverables;
- Provide support to the Central Africa Manager on project monitoring and implementation of the project’s activities, as needed, including activities related to timber and non-timber forest products, and the roll out of community forestry in target locations;
- Support communication efforts about the project, by contributing with success stories, pictures, blogs, etc.
- A report on the socio-economic baseline situation of farmers and diagnostic of farm management practices around community forestry landscapes in the Sangmelima-Djoum-Mintom landscape;
- A report on the progress of Farmer Field Schools in each of the projects’ locations;
- Trainings reports for each location, including pictures and testimony from farmers; and
- Contributions to quarterly and end-of-year project reports evaluating project outputs and results.
If Consultant Firm, a dedicated staff person with the following qualifications is required (if consultant is an individual, the following qualifications are required):
- Demonstrated experience in agronomy, rural sociology, development studies, farm management, farmer business skills and/or farmer training from working with producer groups and/or factories;
- Technical expertise in cocoa is essential;
- Understanding of cocoa business and value chains including major cocoa traders in Cameroon;
- Demonstrated ability to prepare quality progress and technical reports;
- Strong organizational and logistical skills to manage project activities and related travel in a time sensitive manner;
- Strong written, presentation and verbal skills in French; knowledge of English is a plus;
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills;
- Knowledge of common computer software programs (MS Office); and
- Authorization to work in Cameroon
Selection criteria includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Experience in providing similar services;
- past performance;
- technical fit to the technical specifications.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Send resume, cover letter, financial proposal (include daily rate and estimation of any expenses required to complete deliverables), and three professional references to E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org using the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, consultancy opportunity you are applying for.
Deadline to apply: March 12, 2017
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes Rainforest Alliance