Human Resources Officer
GLOBAL. HEALTH. ACTION
ICAP in Cameroon – Job Title: Human Resources Officer (HRO)
Starting Date: March 20th 2017 – Duty Station: Yaoundé, Cameroon
ICAP at Columbia University is an international non-profit organization that aims to ensure the wellness of families and communities by strengthening health systems around the world. ICAP is one of the world’s largest implementation and technical assistance providers for HIV and related health programs and a global leader in HIV prevention, care, and treatment system strengthening including the areas of strategic information, clinical services and program management. With its roots in comprehensive, family focused HIV services, ICAP is widely respected for its success in both technical assistance and capacity building of innovative, effective, and ethical programs in the most challenging of resource-limited settings.
In partnership with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), ICAP will conduct population-based HIV impact assessments (PHIAs) in specific PEPFAR-supported countries. This position is grant funded by CDC/PEPFAR.
II. JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for managing the recruitment and hiring process of staff and consultants. Leading, new staff orientation, existing process, terminal benefits payment and preparation of payroll. You will be responsible of trucking staff leave balance and ensure every staff submits his/her time and effort sheets before deadline. In addition you will be responsible to lead and guide staff on performance appraisal exercise, assessing staff training and professional development needs and ensuring adherence to the organization HR policies and procedures.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Provides support to technical and administrative team throughout the recruitment and hiring process for ICAP staff and consultants, ensuring recruitment of high caliber staff members
- Orients new staff and short-term consultants on ICAP procedures and relevant policies
- Leads interview training, human resources processes, and performance evaluation systems for ICAP staff
- Ensures that all positions have job descriptions, staff receive copies and any changes are clearly communicated
- Establish, manage and update ( as necessary) administrative and personnel systems, including a local hire manual book
- Lead the recruitment of internship both local and international
- Analyze and modify competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Supervise the implementation of annual performance exercise and ensure documentations
- Prepare the payroll, update all the information required and produce pay slip to staff every month
- In collaboration with procurement annually review an appropriate medical insurance coverage for all local employees including Group Personnel Accident
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems
- Manages personnel issues, determination and administration of employee benefits and allowances, etc.
- Ensures compliance to SOPs on all recruitment processes, and hiring of temporary staff
- Maintain leave data sheet, monitor time and effort sheets, leave balance for each staff
- Managing staff absences and ensure proper tracking of staff leave of absence
- Assess staff training/development needs and recommend appropriate training options
- Identifies staffing gaps and makes recommendations to senior management
- Ensure staff files contain all necessary documents as per the SOP and are kept in locked cabinets
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance & Administration and Country Director.
III. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Diploma in Human Resource Management and Labor Laws or Diploma in Business Administration, Public Administration
- Minimum three (3) years of practical experience
- Demonstrated experience providing HR related support
- Strong familiarity with and knowledge of local employment and labor laws and regulations
- Direct experience in the establishment of organizational compensation plans, benefits plans and employment manuals common to grant-funded non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Perfect fluency in English and French ( oral and Written)
IV. MODE OF APPLICATION
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should drop their applications:
- 01 cover letter
- Update resume or CV
At ICAP Cameroon Office, Street 1800, Bastos, Yaoundé or send by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and addressed to the Finance and Administration Director.
The closing date for receiving applications is March 06th, 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: these are local hire positions and the successful candidates will be employees of ICAP in Cameroon and subject to the local terms and conditions of employment which includes a competitive salary and benefits package.
Columbia University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender, religion, creed, national and ethnic origin, age citizenship, status as a perceived or actual victim of domestic violence, disability and marital status, status as a Vietnam era or disabled veteran, or any other legally protected status.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes ICAP Cameroon
Drivers ICAP Cameroon à Yaoundé
Community Mobilizer Officer ICAP Cameroon à Yaoundé
Human Resources Officer ICAP Cameroon à Yaoundé
LOGISTIC OFFICER ICAP Cameroon à Yaoundé