JOB TITLE: Project Accountant
PROJECT: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Cameroon
The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, GHSC-PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Accountant assists the Finance and Operations Director in all aspects of project accounting and financial management. S/he oversees the processing of accounting transactions per the general principles of accounting and adheres to the Chemonics Field Office Guide to Field Accounting and Compliance. S/he must also follow USAID and Chemonics policies, procedures, and regulations.
As Accountant, the Consultant is responsible for the following principle duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare and/or review payments to ensure that all supporting documentation and approvals are accurate.
- Review copies of all receipts for all expenses.
- Facilitate provision of information and documentation during audits.
- Review expense reports.
- Enter all accounting transactions into the Automated Business Accounting Connection System (ABACUS) accounting software.
- Review procurement transactions to ensure that all supporting documentation and approvals are accurate.
- Oversee bank reconciliation process.
- Ensure the maintenance of proper accounting documentation, both electronically and in hard copy format, in accordance with Chemonics standards and filing systems.
- Oversee processing of payroll each month and prepare salary receipt/payroll forms, as well as the pension and social security withholdings and employer contributions.
- Liaise with income tax authority and remit employee withholdings monthly.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with the home office Field Accounting Support Team (FAST) representative.
- Review all coding sheets before they are sent to the Finance and Operations Director and Country Director for approval.
- Prepare and examine monthly wire transfer requests based on thorough analysis of paid and projected expenditures.
- Support the Finance and Operations Director in subcontractor management by reviewing and monitoring monthly subcontractor invoices.
- Evaluate value added tax (VAT) reports to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Ensure all transactions comply with USAID rules and regulations.
- Support the Finance and Operations Director as a liaison to other administrative and technical components to manage project financial budgeting and expenditure progress.
- Explain generally accepted accounting principles, USAID, and Chemonics regulations to staff and consultants, as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Finance and Operations Director to achieve the project’s goals and objectives.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or commerce.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of USAID regulations.
- At least 3 years of accounting experience.
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets and preparation of graphs, tables, charts with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and QuickBooks is necessary.
- Professional level in English and French.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
Duration of Assignment: unspecified duration
Location of Assignment: The location of assignment is Yaoundé, Cameroon, with intermittent travel throughout the country as needed.
Supervision: The Accountant will report directly to the GHSC-PSM Cameroon Project’s Finance and Operations Director.
Please send electronic submissions of your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by March 10, 2017.
Please include "Project Accountant" in the subject line.
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes Chemonics International
Logistics Assistant Chemonics International à Douala, Yaoundé
Systems Strengthening Director Chemonics International à Yaoundé
Assistant de Bureau Chemonics International, lieu non précisé
Gestionnaire des Opérations Chemonics International, lieu non précisé