TITLE: Logistics Assistants (2 positions),
REPORT TO: Regional Technical Advisor-Warehouse management and distributioné
PROJECT: USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (USAID|GHSC-PSM)
Background: The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, USAID|GHSC/PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, USAID|GHSC/PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics.
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance.
- Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities.
The overall goal of USAID|GHSC-PSM in Cameroon is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in PEPFAR supported regions.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Regional Technical Advisor i/c Warehousing and Distribution in preparing and implementing distribution plan. Including direct delivery of health commodities to selected Health facility using Informed-Push System.
- Work with the Regional Technical Advisor i/c Warehousing and Distribution in receiving and verifying the accuracy of shipments, stocking shelves, and auditing documentation.
- Serve as the link between health facilities, 3 PL, and the Regional Fund for Health Promotion to ensure that commodities supply to health facilities is seamless.
- Support the activities of warehouse and distribution service providers to troubleshoot and address supply chain issues that will impact commodities availability before, during, and after distribution of commodities.
- Support the process of proof of delivery gathering, review and sharing with relevant stakeholders in the Regional Fund and USAID|GHSC PSM. Ensuring validation of supply of health commodities to the health facility.
- Attend relevant supply chain meetings within the Region and make presentations as required.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by his supervisor.
- Diploma in Logistics Management, Health Sciences, Social Sciences or Business Administration.
- 1-2 years of professional experience in logistics, warehousing and/or transport required, and in health commodity logistics strongly desired.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong personal interaction skills and the ability to act as liaison between suppliers and customers.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field.
- Fluency in French and/or English.
Duration of Assignment: This is an unspecified term position.
Location of Assignment: The location of assignment is in Yaoundé (1 Logistics Assistant), and in Douala (1 Logistics Assistant).
Supervision: The Logistics Assistant will report directly to the Regional Technical Advisor-Warehouse Management and Distribution.
Please send electronic submissions of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 08, 2017.
Please include "Logistics Assistant" in the subject line.
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes Chemonics International
Project Accountant Chemonics International à Yaoundé
Systems Strengthening Director Chemonics International à Yaoundé
Assistant de Bureau Chemonics International, lieu non précisé
Gestionnaire des Opérations Chemonics International, lieu non précisé