HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment Technical Advisor
CARE as the lead for the five-year USAID-funded cooperative agreement Continuum of prevention, care, and treatment (CoPCT) for HIV/AIDS with Most-at-risk Populations (CHAMP-Cameroon), in partnership with Johns Hopkins University (JHU), Metabiota, and Moto Action. Together, the consortium is collaborating with the National AIDS Control Committee, the Ministry of Health, community-based organizations (CBOS) and other stakeholders to build the capacity of the national, regional and community HIV response. CHAMP has the following objectives: (1) technical competence of partners in key populations program design, management, and service delivery,(2) Enabling environment, and (3) quality assurance/quality improvement, monitoring, and evaluation.
Position/Title: (01) HIV/AIDS Care and Treatment Technical Advisor Based in Douala
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
The Icumpbentprovides technical assistance in partnership with local community-based organizations (CBOs) and public sector facilities to develop, implement, and improve client-friendly care and treatment services for key populations. He/she acts as a resource in all matters pertaining to HIV/AIDS care and treatment, incluiding but not limited to: HIV testing and counseling, referral and linkage to and from community-and facility-based services, antiretroviral treatment, adherence consulting, client tracking, case management, peer navigation, retention in care, clinical care including treatment of opportunistic infections, sexually-transmitted infections (STIs), HIV diagnostics, psychosocial care and support, pre-and post-exposure prophylaxis, and care and support for victims of gender-based violence. This includes
- Provides primarily on-site supervision, guidance and support to CBO and government partners in the implementation of comprehensive care and treatment for HIV
- Assists with training providers on client-friendly service provision for key populations
- Ensures that two-way referral mechanisms between community-based programs and clinical facilities are functional and that clients are effectively linked to, and retained in care
- Supports CBO and facility partners to provide appropriate diagnostic and clinical services to that clients adhere to their treatment, asses viral load, and are virally suppressed
- Develops/revises standard operating procedures (SOPs), client flow algorithms, and job aides to ensure that stakeholders have clarity on how clients navigate through the services network, clear roles and responsibilities, and tools needed to ensure linkage and retention
- Organizes regular coordination meetings between implementing partners and partner health facilities
- Supervises meeting and debriefing with relay counselors (Peer navigators)
- Liaises with all relevant team members to ensure integration and coordination of care and treatment activities with other program areas (i.e. prevention, enrollment, tracking, etc.)
- Assesses training needs, develops curricula and supports rollout of training for providers and CBO staff
Program management, quality improvement, and coordination (30%)
Under the supervision of the Senior Technical Advisor for HIV/AIDS, the incumbent collaborates with the Yaoundé-based CTTA to oversee and coordinate HIV care and treatment activities in Douala. S/he helps partners develop strategies to achieve program-related goals, providing direction and capacity strengthening, reaching agreement on follow-up actions, and following through to ensure they are effectively carried out. S/he ensures that all implementing partners HIV care and treatment activities are evidence-based, best practice or theory-driven, and incorporate the latest evidence-based guidance. S/he assists implementing partners to comply with all relevant Cameroon, WHO, USAID and PEPFAR regulations and procedures. This includes:
- Conducts regular site visits to monitor the implementation of care and treatment programs: communicate findings and recommendations for strengthening care and treatment activities to the care and treatment team, as appropriate, and to implementing partners and government counterparts
- Liaises closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and other technical leads to analyze care and treatment data
- Assists with drafting of annual work plan, the HIV care and treatment component of quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports, relevant presentations, and briefing papers.
- Collaborates with the Yaoundé CTTA to serve as the care and treatment team co-lead on all relevant quality assurance and improvement initiatives, ensuring that partner agencies understand and are empowered to contribute to/improve upon quality standards in care and treatment programming
- Supports partners to assess to assess progress against standards, identify gaps in performance; solve problems, test solutions and scale them accordingly
- Represents CHAMP at technical, policy and strategic planning meetings, including meeting with collaborators and implementation partners.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Physician (Medical Doctor): Master’s Degree or knowledge of public health preferred
- A minimum of 3 years experiences implementing HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs in Cameroon
- Experience working with key populations preferred
- Experience should demonstrate ability to manage mid-level coordination and relationships with community-based organizations, public sector entities, and bilateral and multilateral donors.
Language proficiency: Written and oral fluency in French language is required. Additional fluency in written and oral English is preferred
Knowledge: Comprehensive knowledge of HIV/AIDS epidemiology and current strategies for clinical care, treatment is required the candidate must have a through understanding of client tracking, case management strategies, and HIV/AIDS program design implementation and evaluation.
Skills and abilities: Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to work effectively on a team and to lead a Team. The incumbent must be able to plan, implementation, monitor and advocate for programs and beneficiaries. S/he must have strong management skills and time-management competency in order to prioritize and manage several activities simultaneously.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity please submit a resume, a cover letter NO LATER THAN February 24th, 2017 to email@example.com with "Position Title" in the subject line of mail, to P.O Box 422, Yaoundé, Cameroon, or bring it physically to our CARE International Cameroun Office located at 1071 avenue Winston Churchill, Hippodrome Yaoundé.
You can also bring your resume and the cover letter physically to our CARE International Cameroun Office in Maroua and Garoua NO LATER THAN February 24th, 2017.
N.B. we encourage female candidate to apply
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes CARE Cameroun
Responsable Budget et contrats CARE Cameroun à Yaoundé
Experte(e) en renforcement institutionnel CARE Cameroun à Maroua
Gestionnaire de Projet et responsable pilier redressement économique CARE Cameroun à Maroua
Assistance(e) administratif(Ve) et financier(e) CARE Cameroun à Batouri