Data Management and M&E Officer
Job Advert: Data Management and M&E Officer (17601)
Plan International is an independent non-profit development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International Cameroon is currently advertising for the following position of Data Management and M&E Officer.
Thanks to the financial support of UNHCR, the NGO will implement in 2017 a project in the sectors of environment protection, child protection, livelihood and education. Under this project, this position is responsible for the management of data base management and all activities of planning, monitoring, evaluation, research and dissemination in the project.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, the Data Management and M&E Officer will among other tasks perform the following tasks:
Key End Results and Typical Responsibilities:
- Contribute in the update of strategy for dissemination and capitalization of Plan International Cameroon experiences in the response to the crisis related to the influx of Nigerian refugees and Internal Displaced Persons in Far North;
- Ensure capitalization of project and the dissemination of lesson learns
- Provide technical support to the Project Manager and Project components responsible for the activities implementation;
- Follow the implementation of activities and to ensure that the information/data collection is made in accordance with the load specifications of the project and in accordance with the strategic guidelines and Plan International Cameroon programmatic standards;
- Participate in the development/review of the action plans of the project;
- Develop the tools of indicators monitoring of the project;
- Ensure quality control of data and information collected, through the development and/or review of tools for the data collection in accordance of the logical framework of the project,
- Organize/supervise the data collection, their processing and analysis of data in the context of the monitoring of indicators of the project;
- Put in place/update & improve and ensure the management of the data base require in the project
- Train Project staff, Plan local staff, members of the local organizations partners to the use of data collection tools;
- Elaborate the performance reports and the reports of project indicators monitoring and to ensure their presentation according to the request;
- Participate in the selection and organize the follow-up of the mission of studies office/consultants selected for studies and evaluation;
- Produce monthly reports on capitalization of lessons learned and good practices identified in the context of the project implementation;
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual reports of the domain;
- Participate actively in the annual evaluation process of programs of Plan International Cameroon and in the evaluation of the performance of organizations partner.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
- Diploma in Monitoring and evaluation or Bac + 2 in social sciences, statistics, economics or other related sectors ;
- Two (02) years minimum experience in planning, monitoring and participatory evaluation of programmes and projects;
- Have solid experience in the conduct of qualitative and quantitative investigation;
- Have an experience in the creation and the management of data base;
- Have a practical and relevant experience in the interventions in emergency contexts;
- Have a good editorial capacity (capacity of drafting of reports);
- Know how to use the computer and master standard software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint...);
- A knowledge of the intervention area would be an asset;
- Good knowledge and understanding of humanitarian principles and established international child protection standards
- Knowledge and skills: knowledge of PLAN policies and procedures, Sphere and the Red Cross/ NGO Code of Conduct. Requires general finance, administration, information management and telecommunication skills and proficiency in information technology/ computer skills.
- Experience in the Far North of Cameroon is an asset.
- Skills in participatory assessment.
- People Skills: Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership and is able to support and train local staff and also able to work with displaced persons and communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
- Communication Skills: Well developed written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of PLAN. This includes effective negotiation and representation skills.
- Commitment to child protection, gender equality and participation
- Fluency in French and English.
- Commitment and adherence to humanitarian values and standards,
- Cross-culturally agile
- Aware of own strengths, weaknesses and pro-active in using feedback and self-development
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to PLAN's core values and humanitarian principles
- Resilience/Adaptability and flexibility: Ability to operate effectively under extreme circumstances including stress, high security risks and harsh living conditions. Works and lives with a flexible, adaptable and resilient manner.
- Awareness and sensitivity of self and others: Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity. Have experience and the ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner. Has a capacity to make accurate self-assessment particularly in high stress and high security contexts.
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive under pressure.
- Preparedness to live and work in uncertain security environments.
- Experience working in conflict or emergency-affected areas (or other situations where insecurity and corruption can be big issues)
- Commitment to and skills in capacity building – together with the ability to assess and coach others.
Physical Environment and Demands:
May be “typical office environment”; note if heavy lifting, climbing, excess travel, etc.
- Work both at the office and in the field
- Frequent field visits: The Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator will spend at least 60% of his time on the field in the context of the implementation of M&E activities
- Periods of intense work at all times of day and night.
- Working in multiple locations and on the move.
To apply for this job, kindly click on "Apply". Your application should include:
- A Covering letter
- A Comprehensive CV including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent supervisor
Location: Maroua PU
Closing date: February 17th, 2017
Plan International Cameroon operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourages diversity. Only applications received in French or English will be treated and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan international has a child protection and gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes Plan Cameroon
EiE Project Coordinator PCA4 Plan Cameroon à Maroua
Radio Programming Assistant/ Journalist Plan Cameroon à Maroua
Child Protection in Emergencies Field Animator Plan Cameroon à Maroua
M&E officer PCA4 Plan Cameroon à Bertoua
Radio Technician Plan Cameroon à Maroua