Agency: UN Women
Title: Executive Assistant to UNWOMEN Representative
Job ID: 7821
Practice Area - Job Family: Management - ADMINISTRATION AND SECRETARY
Vacancy End Date: 02/02/2017 (Midnight New York, USA)
Duty Station: Yaounde, Cameroon
Education & Work Experience: C-HS Graduate or Equivalent - 2 year(s) experience
Languages Required: English, French
Vacancy Type: National Regular UN Volunteer
Posting Type: External
Contract Duration: one year
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The Executive Associate reports to the UN Women Representative for general guidance and direct supervision and is responsible for providing a variety of executive administrative support to the UN Women Representative maintaining full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment and, in close coordination with the office management and staff, for managing the efficient flow of information and communications to ensure expeditious dissemination of information, timely action and compliance with established deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provision of administrative support to the UN Women Representative
- Provision of effective communications and information management support to the office
- Support to external relations activities
- Support to facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Provision of administrative support to the UN Women Representative
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the UN Women Representative ensuring the smooth and efficient functioning of the Representative's office.
- Support the UN Women Representative in the preparation and updating of his/her travel plans. Make travel arrangements for the Representative and senior staff. Prepare required travel requisitions. Set up and manage administrative files on the Representative’s mission travel and mission reports. Arrange hotel accommodations and other related logistics.
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-points and other presentations including computer generated visuals such as graphs for the UN Women Representative.
- Draft non-substantive correspondence, takes dictations and transcribes documents and reports ensuring that spelling, punctuation and format are correct.
- Research files, collect information and organize a diversity of material to meet the UN Women Representative’s needs.
- Undertake logistical administrative and financial arrangements, in consultation with the Operations team, for meetings, events and workshops organized by the office.
- Manage the UN Women Representative’s calendar and schedule of appointments and meetings; receive high ranking officials/visitors; take minutes and/or notes, as required and answer and screen calls with tact and discretion.
- Maintain relevant data of the UN Women Representative's contacts for easy access and reference. Keep updated electronic mailing lists.
- Set up and monitor the UN Women Representative’s office filing system and follow up system ensuring accuracy and confidentiality. Ensure close follow up on deadlines and commitments.
Provision of effective communications and information management support to the office
- Facilitate the flow of information/communication between the UN Women Representative and other Units within and outside the office; recommend and/or establish systems and streamline procedures to enhance established workflows.
- Review, prioritize and route correspondence to and from the office of the UN Women Representative. Take proactive follow-up action and keep the UN Women Representative informed.
- Promptly route all correspondence, directives and requests to the UN Women UN Women Representative for timely action and/or signature; review correspondence for proper internal clearances prior to the UN Women Representative's signature.
- Respond and/or direct inquiries to the appropriate section/unit for timely action and/or response.
- Assist in the preparation and finalization of informal translations; may act as interpreter, as required.
Support to external relations activities
- Facilitate the UN Women Representative’s interaction with various external partners such as government officials, donors, civil society, UN agencies and other partners through effective use of written, verbal and electronic communication.
- Responsible for protocol matters, receive high ranking visitors/officials, coordinate logistical arrangements related to missions.
- Organize official events/hospitality for the UN Women Representative; distribute special assignments to support staff in relation to special events.
Support to facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support for effective knowledge management and sharing within the office and other offices/HQs.
- Systematic gaining and sharing of knowledge and experience related to administrative and operations support.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Ethics and Values: Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity
- Organizational Awareness: Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Development and Innovation: Take charge of self-development and take initiative
- Work in teams: Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Communicating and Information Sharing: Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication
- Self-management and Emotional Intelligence: Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behavior towards others
- Conflict Management: Surface conflicts and address them proactively acknowledging different feelings and views and directing energy towards a mutually acceptable solution.
- Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Encourage learning and sharing of knowledge
- Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making: Demonstrate informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of secondary education required. First level university degree an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years of administrative experience preferably in a large or international corporation or organization.
- Experience in the use of computers applications and software packages as well as web based management systems.
- Fluency in English and French is required. Knowledge of the other UN working knowledge is an asset.
All interested candidates are invited to apply online through the following link:
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes PNUD Cameroun
Assistant Administratif et Financier PNUD Cameroun à Yaoundé
Admin and Finance Assistant PNUD Cameroun à Yaoundé
Adm/Fin Assist PNUD Cameroun à Maroua
UN Coordination Assistant PNUD Cameroun à Yaoundé
Human Resources Assistant PNUD Cameroun à Yaoundé