Agency: UN Women
Title: Operations Assistant - UNWOMEN Office
Job ID: 7817
Practice Area - Job Family: Management - OPERATIONS (ADMINISTRATION, PROCUREMENT, FINANCE), Basic Social Service - MINIMUM OF 2 YEARS
Vacancy End Date: 02/02/2017 (Midnight New York, USA)
Duty Station: Yaounde, Cameroon
Education & Work Experience: G-Bachelor's Level Degree - 2 year(s) experience
Languages Required: English, French
Vacancy Type: National Regular UN Volunteer
Posting Type: External
Contract Duration: 1 year
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the direct supervision of the UN Women Operations Manager/Finance Associate, the Operations Assistant provides the overall administrative support and carries out varied and inter-related operational, financial and logistical activities ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Operations Assistant is results and client oriented producing administrative services of the highest quality in a timely and proactive fashion.
The Operations Assistant works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff in the Country Office to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of UN Women Finance Associate, the national UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Administration and implementation of operational support services
- Budgetary and financial administration support
- Human Resources Management services support
- Procurement and Logistical services support
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Administration and implementation of operational support services
- In collaboration with the Operations Team, review the quality and timeliness of services provided by reference to corporate standards and by reference to standards/indicators established within the Office and Operations Unit.
- Support Office compliance of operations with UN/UN Women rules, regulations and policies, implementation of corporate operational strategies, establishment of management targets and monitoring of achievement of results.
Budgetary and financial administration support
- Support Office compliance with UN Women rules and regulations of financial processes, and implementation of the effective internal control framework.
- Support Office Management in the budgetary planning and monitoring
Procurement and Logistical services support
- Help ensure full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UN Women rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Contribute to knowledge building and sharing with regards to management and operations within the Office.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt/best practices and sound contributions to relevant knowledge networks and communities of practices.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark IVD);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
- Ethics and Values: Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity
- Organizational Awareness: Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Development and Innovation: Take charge of self-development and take initiative
- Work in teams: Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Communicating and Information Sharing: Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication
- Self-management and Emotional Intelligence: Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behavior towards others
- Conflict Management: Surface conflicts and address them proactively acknowledging different feelings and views and directing energy towards a mutually acceptable solution.
- Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Encourage learning and sharing of knowledge
- Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making: Demonstrate informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Administration and Finance, would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 2 years of experience in administration, finance, procurement, human resources or logistic support services.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of official national language essential.
All interested candidates are invited to apply online through the following link:
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes PNUD Cameroun
Assistant Administratif et Financier PNUD Cameroun à Yaoundé
Admin and Finance Assistant PNUD Cameroun à Yaoundé
Adm/Fin Assist PNUD Cameroun à Maroua
UN Coordination Assistant PNUD Cameroun à Yaoundé
Human Resources Assistant PNUD Cameroun à Yaoundé