Accountant CBT GFD
Job Advert: Accountant CBT GFD Maroua (16646)
Plan International is an independent non-profit development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The current project is about providing support to the national program of fight and prevention of malnutrition amongst under five children, pregnant and lactating women through Cash base Transfer program which aim at providing cash to beneficiaries to enable them acquire diversified food with sufficient nutriment according to local consumption habit with financial and technical the support of Word Food Program and Plan Canada.
Within that framework, we are recruiting an Accountant.
DIMENSION OF THE ROLE:
Under the Finance Coordinator, the Accountant will among many other tasks perform the following:
- Participate in the budgeting process and ensures that operational plans are consistent with the approved budgets.
- Monitors project budget entries in program management software called SAP and keeps records of budget modifications on file.
- Attends to Coordination meetings/seminars on Project grants and relevant information and active participation is given/made.
- Facilitates all payments in the field during various activities (training, workshops, etc).
- Analysis and reconciles project expenditures Vs budget accurately and on time.
- Prepare and submit donor financial reports on time as per the agreement with donors/s, in collaboration with the Project Coordinator and Finance Coordinator.
- Follow up on Audit recommendations to ensure that they are fully implemented.
- Close out project accounts upon project completion.
Qualification and Experience
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
- University degree in Accounting/Finance
- At least one year’ experience in a similar role
- Good experience in project reporting requirements
- Excellent written and spoken skills in English and French
- Calm and positive under pressure and in difficult situations
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft office including words, excel, internet etc).
Physical Environment and Demands:
- Ability to work under pressure and in remote area and in zones were security issues is a concern.
To apply for this job, kindly click on "Apply". Your application should include:
- A covering letter
- A comprehensive CV including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current of most recent supervisor
Location: Maroua Program Unit – CAMEROON
Closing date: 31st, January 2017
Plan International Cameroon operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourages diversity. Only applications received in French or English will be treated and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan international has a child protection and gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes Plan Cameroon
EiE Project Coordinator PCA4 Plan Cameroon à Maroua
Radio Programming Assistant/ Journalist Plan Cameroon à Maroua
Child Protection in Emergencies Field Animator Plan Cameroon à Maroua
M&E officer PCA4 Plan Cameroon à Bertoua
Radio Technician Plan Cameroon à Maroua