Field Agent GFD
Mora (Maroua Program Unit)
Job Advert: Field Agent GFD (16643)
Plan International is an independent non-profit development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Within the framework of the humanitarian response aiming at providing food assistance to 13345 IDPS In the far north regions through the general food distribution program (GFD) with financial and technical the support of Word Food Program and Plan Canada, we are recruiting four (04) Field Agents.
DIMENSION OF THE ROLE:
The Field Agent will among many other tasks perform the following:
- Ensure all logistics and related activities are prepared accordingly and submit monthly and bi-weekly plans
- Ensure effective set up of distribution site
- Ensure the mobilization of beneficiaries
- Ensure effective and efficient distribution of food to beneficiaries.
- Ensure and organize door to door sensitization on ENA(Essential Nutrition Actions) with emphasis on food diversification in the household and distribution of food taking into consideration the specific need of vulnerable people(Children and women) and promote good hygiene and sanitation practices.
- Ensure and organize home visit to follow up and ensure that all the purpose of the complaint mechanism is being achieved and enabling decision-making on the project progression and development.
- Draft regular implementation plan for project reports and assist in the preparation of project monthly reports.
- Ensure transfer and food supply tracking and reporting
- Contribute to Nutrition assessment operations in implementing zones
- Elaborate and submit daily reports on achievement
Qualification and Experience
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
- Work experience in household economy
- Experience of working in zones where security issues is a concern preferably in an emergency situation
- Experience in community mobilization and sensitization
- Holder of at last an Ordinary level certificate
- Extensive knowledge of emergency nutrition work
- Ability to speak, read and write French or English ,speak Fulfulde, Mafa, Mandara ,Kotoko, Arabic fluently depending the project’s location and proven ability and willingness to learn other local languages
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft office including words, excel, internet etc).
Physical Environment and Demands:
- Ability to work under pressure and in remote area and in zones were security issues is a concern.
To apply for this job, kindly click on "Apply". Your application should include:
- A covering letter
- A comprehensive CV including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current of most recent supervisor
Location: Mora (Maroua Program Unit) – CAMEROON
Closing date: 29th January 2017.
Plan International Cameroon operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourages diversity. Only applications received in French or English will be treated and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan international has a child protection and gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes Plan Cameroon
EiE Project Coordinator PCA4 Plan Cameroon à Maroua
Radio Programming Assistant/ Journalist Plan Cameroon à Maroua
Child Protection in Emergencies Field Animator Plan Cameroon à Maroua
M&E officer PCA4 Plan Cameroon à Bertoua
Radio Technician Plan Cameroon à Maroua