Job Advert: Truck Driver
The U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position Truck Driver. This position is located in Yaounde, Cameroon.
POSITION: Truck Driver
CLOSING DATE: January 31, 2017
WORK HOURS: Full time, 45 hours/week
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Incumbent serves as a Truck Driver in the Warehouse under the direct supervision Property Management Supervisor, with occasional assignments and guidance from the GSO and Motor Pool Supervisor as necessary. Duties include : drive, deliver and pick up items (baggage, equipment, incoming and outgoing pouches, water tanks, crates of household effects, appliances and furniture, etc) to and from specified locations in Yaounde (Embassy Compound, Residences, Nsimalen airport, etc), in Douala, other cities in Cameroon; supervises loading and unloading of cargo, to ensure load is balanced, securely fastened and correctly protected against damage ; when no driving is needed, provides assistance to the warehousemen in off-loading and loading, carrying transported equipment from the vehicle to the residences or offices.
65% OF TIME
- Operates medium and heavy-duty trucks in Yaounde, between Yaounde and EBO in Douala, and transport baggage and equipment to other cities in Cameroon. Drives Warehouse truck multiple times in a week to the Nsimalen Airport to carry incoming and outgoing pouches. Trucks will carry water tanks, crates of household effects, appliances and furniture, etc. Chooses fastest and safest routes.
15% OF TIME
- Provides assistance to warehousemen in off-loading and loading, carrying transported equipment from the vehicle to the residences or offices. Supervises loading and unloading of cargo, to ensure load is balanced, securely fastened and correctly protected against rain damage. Acts as a warehouseman when no driving is needed.
10% OF TIME
- Performs routine first echelon maintenance on trucks which include cleaning, checking brakes and transmission fluids levels, checking battery water level, checking oil level, checking tires tread wear and pressure, etc. Replaces fluids as necessary and reports serious problems to mechanics.
5% OF TIME
- Insures prompt and complete compliance of travel regulations under blanket travel authorization for each trip, to include travel advances and liquidation of same.
- Provides back-up relief for various drivers and dispatchers unable to complete or meet their programs as requested. Also provides on the job training on truck driving (specificities of Embassy/US trucks) for newly hired drivers.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
EDUCATION: GCE “O” level or BEPC or equivalent diploma is required.
EXPERIENCE: At least two years of experience, in an international organization or large local institution, as a Truck Driver, with at least one year experience driving on the highway, is required.
LANGUAGE: Level II (Limited Knowledge) English and French is required. (This will be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Valid Cameroonian license (B-C-D) of operating heavy-duty trucks on public streets is required. The incumbent must be able to understand oral and written instructions in English or French; must pass the pre-employment road test and the pre-employment and annual eye examination. He/She must be able to carry heavy loads. (Skills and abilities may be tested.)
JOB KNOWLEDGE: The jobholder must know Cameroonian traffic laws and have basic knowledge of truck maintenance and repair; must be able to drive on the highway.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above);
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
WHERE TO APPLY:
Human Resources Office
P.O. Box 817, Tel.: 222-201-500, Ext 4006, U.S. Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
- E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indicate the position title on the subject line.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes U.S. Embassy
MAGASINIER U.S. Embassy à Yaoundé
Technicien Radio et Télécommunications U.S. Embassy à Yaoundé
Radio/Telephone Technician U.S. Embassy à Yaoundé
Warehouseman U.S. Embassy à Yaoundé
Human Resources Administrative Assistant U.S. Embassy à Yaoundé