Political and Communications Officer
British High Commission
BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION YAOUNDE
Vacancy - Political and Communications Officer (01/17 YAO)
A vacancy has arisen for the position of Political and Communications Officer (01/17 YAO) at the British High Commission in Yaounde.
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Policy & Political roles)
Job Subcategory: Communications, Press and Media
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
Use their skill contribube to the positive image of the High Commission across its communications channels, events and support officers with up-to-date information on relevant policy priorities.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve
- Research and reporting: Researching political and economic information related to the British High Commission’s strategic objectives from media and other sources. Writing summaries of media coverage on significant events in Cameroon, BHC activities, UK-Cameroon relations, reporting to the appropriate officers.
- Communication: Actively take part in implementing the mission’s communications strategy. Responding to telephone, email and snail mail inquiries, drafting and packaging information for the general public.
- Projects management and events coordination: Support in the implementation of projects, liaising with implementers and writing reports. Events management and coordination: Setting up appointments for meetings and invitations for events.
- Stakeholder engagement: Lead on the coordination of all activities at post around the promotion of the Commonwealth.
- Website and social media: Act as Web Editor, assisting Web Manager in updating post websites, creating content for post websites, make photographic coverage of BHC events and provide content for the mission’s social media channels (Twitter and Facebook).
Essential qualifications and Experience
- Education: Hold the equivalent of a bachelor's degree in communications, law, social science or other closely related field.
- Work experience: Minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in media, government or civil society in the fields of journalism, communications, public affairs or similar field is required.
- Knowledge: Thorough understanding of the Cameroon media landscape and corporate communications; familiarity with website management and social media.
Desireable qualifications and experience:
- Basic knowledge of project management
- Fluency in English and French (both written and Oral). This will be tested.
Skills and abilities:
- Ability to deal with a range of internal and external contacts;
- Well-developed social media handling skills
- Excellent research and writing abilities; competence in word-processing
- Ability to juggle concurrent work projects with competing deadlines.
Seeing the Big Picture, Changing and Improving, Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating
Application deadline: 27 January 2017
Grade: A2 (L)
Type of position: Fixed Term
Duration of Post: 06 months
Type of Post: British High Commission
Start Date: 1 February 2017
All interested candidates are invited to apply online through the following link: Political and Communications Officer
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes British High Commission
Driver British High Commission à Yaoundé
FINANCE/MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT British High Commission à Yaoundé
Prosperity Assistant British High Commission à Yaoundé
Drivers British High Commission à Yaoundé