Job Advert: Janitor
The U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position Janitor. This position is located in Yaounde, Cameroon.
CLOSING DATE: January 19, 2017
WORK HOURS: Full time, 40 hours/week
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Under the direct supervision of the Housekeeping Supervisor, the incumbent cleans offices and other work areas, public areas and entrances, hallways, bathrooms, water fountains, and storage areas, including outlying buildings, the Compound Access Control areas and U.S. Government leased residences during transition periods. May be called upon to assist with special functions.
- Cleans Embassy and related buildings. Cleans windows, floors of offices, corridors and other assigned areas and stairs ways by washing, sweeping, moping, waxing and polishing. Cleans restrooms; disinfecting and deodorizing lavatories, commodes and other restroom fixtures. Cleans water coolers, water distillers, refrigerators, air conditioner filters and drinking water containers. Cleans window blinds and grills, and removes the cobwebs. Cleans area outside buildings sidewalks and parking lots. Cleans residences for make-ready prior to arrival of acceptance by new occupant: including yard work as appropriate. Cleans the garden and surroundings at the vacant houses and TDY apartment. Detail cleaning of the interior of Embassy official vehicles.
- Dusts, waxes and polishes office furniture.
- Empties waste baskets and ashtrays.
- Vacuums and shampoos the carpets.
- Boils water for Embassy and delivers to water fountains.
- Trims and treat plants and flowers at Embassy compound.
- Cut grass, grow flowers, maintain the flowers pots and lawns.
- Checks and changes cartridge filters for water system.
- Prepares hospitality kits and updates inventory.
- Sets traps for mouse and may help employees as requested to carry boxes or equipment.
- Performs insecticide spraying at the residences for the integrated pest management program in post.
- Assists the Janitor Supervisor in the absence of the housekeeping supervisor.
- Does other duties as assigned.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
EDUCATION: Completion of Elementary School is required.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum two (2) years of janitorial work experience with an international organization, company, or as a contractor is required.
LANGUAGE: Level II (Limited Knowledge) English and French is required. (This will be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The incumbent must be able to utilize full range of cleaning equipment and products. (Skills and abilities may be tested.)
JOB KNOWLEDGE: The jobholder must know proper cleaning methods and tools.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above);
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
WHERE TO APPLY:
Human Resources Office
P.O. Box 817, Tel.: 222-201-500, Ext 4006, U.S. Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
- E-mail Address: email@example.com
- Indicate the position title on the subject line.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes U.S. Embassy
PEPFAR Global Fund Liaison U.S. Embassy à Yaoundé
Consular Clerk U.S. Embassy à Yaoundé
Conducteur de Camion U.S. Embassy à Yaoundé
Cultural Affairs Specialist U.S. Embassy à Yaoundé
Truck Driver U.S. Embassy à Yaoundé