Job Advert: Administrative Coordinator (16882)
Plan International is an independent non-profit development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International Cameroon is seeking to recruit interested candidates to fulfill the position of Administrative Coordinator that will deliver the tasks outline below;
Please to note that this is a local contract.
Under the supervision of the Emergency Response Manager, the incumbent will among many tasks perform the following:
DIMENSION OF THE ROLE:
Typical Responsibilities - Key End Results of Position:
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
- Process the purchase and supply of goods and materials for the (Program Unit) PU as per the Operations manual (OM), local procedures and policies to ensure value for money is obtained at all times,
- Process with the preparation, update and maintenance of contracts to keep and track all contracts without any reports on program disruptions due to maladministration of contracts,
- Process with the preparation and processing of bidding documents for public tender offers to ensure a fair and transparent process for securing the services of consultants and contractors,
- Maintain an up-to date supplier database and price list for easy access to the required information that would ensure prompt procurement goods and materials for program activities,
- Ensure the effective allocation, utilization and management of vehicles for Plan’s activities as per OM, local policy and local procedures with low incidence of vehicular accidents and reduced cost of repairs and maintenance,
- Process and follow-up the renewal of vehicle registration certificate and insurance,
- Ensure the adequate supply of utilities and maintenance of office equipment and machinery for the smooth flow of work in the office with minimum disruption of work outflow,
- Ensure the office & its environment are well kept and maintained to facilitate the smooth flow of office work without any adverse disruptions,
- Review, update and maintain the Fixed Assets Register for the PU to keep and track all assets with no reports of loss of assets,
- Ensure the effective management of store to ensure the effective implementation of program activities with no reports or incidents on mismanagement of stores,
- Monitor and manage the team of Front Desk Assistant, Driver and Janitors to ensure they perform effectively and provide the required support services,
- Prepare and follow-up the administrative department project outline (PO),
- Prepare and follow-up the administrative department cash forecast,
- Keep the Administrative Manager informed of any initiative or difficulties related to the office for attention/redress for the provision of the required support services for program implementation,
- Fulfill Plan’s Child Protection Policy at all times to safeguard and protect the child at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse,
- Ensure Plan’s offices and staff are insured to safeguard life and property at all times to ensure that staff work effectively without any fear of non-protection,
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the attainment of organizational goals.
Dealing with Problems:
Complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required to solve them
- Understands administrative requirements as per the OM and other policies and procedures and provides required services to staff
- Supports with coaching staff on the discharge of administrative functions
- Exhibit a good sense of judgment and responsibility in the performance of duties
- Works with minimum supervision
- Refers all final decision making to a senior manager
Communications and Working Relationships:
Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact
- Keeps and maintain a high contact with contractors, service providers and suppliers for the provision of goods, material, equipment, utilities repairs and maintenance that would ensure Plan receives value for money.
- Maintains a high contact with all country office staff to receive and process requests for administrative services
- Maintains medium contact with staff from the program unit offices to offer support, information, influence and or reasoning with regards to administration related issues.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Gained through education, training, & experience
Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Logistics, Law, Admin or equivalent
- At least two (02) years working experience in a similar position.
- Experience working with an international NGO would be an advantage
Demonstrated behaviors needed by the post-holder to successfully perform the role:
- Timeliness and proactive in the discharge of duties
- Good planning organizational abilities
- Communicates in a manner that inspires confidence and professionalism
- Good supervisory and listening abilities
- Open to feedback and willingness to adopt to new approaches and processes
- Ability to inter-face with all levels of management
- Analytical and attention to detail
- Good team player
- Safety and security conscious
- Good presentation and attention to details
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice.
- Good communication and ICT skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good client/customer relations
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong team player
- High level of discretion
- Planning & organizing
Physical Environment and Demands:
May be “typical office environment”; note if heavy lifting, climbing, excess travel, etc.
- This position is located into an emergency area and therefore requires minimum security training.
- This position requires 10% of travel time within Cameroon and 90% of the time on office related activities.
To apply for this job, kindly click on "Apply". Your application should include:
- A cover letter
- A comprehensive CV including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current of most recent supervisor
Location: Maroua - CAMEROON
Closing date: January 21st, 2017
Plan International Cameroon operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourages diversity. Only applications received in French or English will be treated and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan international has a child protection and gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes Plan Cameroon
EiE Project Coordinator PCA4 Plan Cameroon à Maroua
Radio Programming Assistant/ Journalist Plan Cameroon à Maroua
Child Protection in Emergencies Field Animator Plan Cameroon à Maroua
M&E officer PCA4 Plan Cameroon à Bertoua
Radio Technician Plan Cameroon à Maroua