Program & Training Assistant (PTA) for Community Health
Peace Corps Cameroon
Personal Service Contract Statement of Work
Position: Program & Training Assistant (PTA) for Community Health
Supervisor: Program Manager for Community Health
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager of Community Health, the Program & Training Assistant (PTA) position serves as a technical programmatic and training support to the Community Health Program, and Volunteer support including Volunteer safety and security. The work of the PTA is both administrative and programmatic.
While this position is based in Yaounde, the PTA will be required to travel for site development and site visits, and to support training events or other Peace Corps (PC) needs. The PTA may need to travel internationally to trainings provided to Peace Corps staff. The PTA may also be required to work outside of, or in addition to, normally scheduled hours to support training events and other needs.
The PTA will have the following roles and responsibilities:
Programming and Volunteers Support
- Assist in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the Community Health program and related training events (i.e.pre-service trainings, technical in-service trainings, COS, etc).
- Determine and communicate technical training objectives to new Volunteers to meet their pre-service training needs.
- Visits training site and provides project orientation to new Volunteers and solicits their input into posting decisions.
- Co-ordinates and assists Volunteers in developing and conducting in-service technical training, conducting needs assessments and determining training objectives.
- Conduct site visits to monitor Peace Corps Volunteer (PCV) work & provide technical and personal support
- Participate in the post selection process, visits potential posts, arrange housing at new posts.
- Develop PCV site & assignment in line with the Community Health Program Framework.
- Assist with site development process, ensuring all proper steps are followed and documentation filed.
- Assist with all monitoring, reporting and evaluation processes and documentation.
- Help with the communication between Peace Corps, PCVs, host institutions, counterparts, and supervisors.
- Provide meaningful feedback to PCVs trimester reports in a timely manner.
- Built and maintain excellent relationships with key program and training partners and stakeholders.
Management and Administration
- Ensure the proper and timely filing of all program and training documents.
- Assist with the logistics of conferences (IST, COS, mid service… etc.)
- Serve as Duty Officer
- File and maintain PCV relevant information in VIDA
- Assist in the development and reinforcement of partnership
- Conduct Pre-Training Research to and identifying training resources for all training events.
- Facilitate the update and production of technical materials.
- Assess trainee progress toward meeting technical training objectives and achieving suitability for volunteer service
- Participate as a team member with the Training team to plan and facilitate sessions.
- Collaborate with the language training staff to determine the technical content of the competency-based language curriculum.
- Participate as needed in design and delivery of all training events.
- Participate in the design and delivery of technical training activities including the: Training Design Workshop and Training of Trainers.
- Offer support and serve as a technical advisor for trainees
Safety and Security
- Responsible for developing and applying criteria for Volunteer placement, such as minimum standards for housing and access to transportation, communication and basic necessities (water and food).
- Ensures that Volunteers are placed in suitable communities and are provided adequate housing that meets the minimum standards for habitability, safety and security.
- Monitors Volunteer’ compliance with Peace Corps policies, especially related to safety and security, and takes corrective actions as necessary.
Occasional Money Holder
The PTA may be required to courier cash and/or purchase orders to various vendors who furnish supplies and/or services to training sites, or other locations as directed by the Contracting Officer. The PTA may also be required to courier cash to PC Trainees or Volunteers. The PTA will not be functioning as a procurement or disbursing official but will only be acting as an intermediary between the Contracting or Disbursing Officer and the recipient. In the case of dealing with vendors, the PTA will not exercise any procurement discretion concerning the supplies or services to be purchased or the cost limits of these purchases; these will be determined by the Contracting Officer.
Education: University Bachelor’s degree in Health, or related subject.
Prior Work Experience: Three to five years of work experience in the community health field, preferably with American or other international non-governmental organizations, and preferably organizations that achieve their mission through volunteerism. Also required is experience in: working in a supervisory/leadership capacity, designing and implementing community development projects, monitoring and evaluating projects, managing volunteers or staff, motivating and working with community groups.
Language Proficiency: Fluency in both English and French. Excellent written and oral skills in English and French.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Proficiency in use of the internet and with Microsoft programs: Outlook (email), Excel, PowerPoint. Word, etc.
- Ability to work successfully within a multi-cultural office.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, conflict management skills, diplomacy and tact with staff, Volunteers, Trainees, community members and members of government.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a strong sense of integrity.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: A strong knowledge of Peace Corps, its mission, and its approach to development. Highly organized, analytical, logistics oriented, and professional with an ability to successfully network on behalf of the Program.
HOW TO APPY:
To be consider as a candidate for this position, it is required that you submit a cover letter, a resume, salary history, and at least three references to email@example.com with Program & Training Assistant for Community Health in the subject line, by January 12th 2017.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes PeaceCorps
Finance & HR Clerk PeaceCorps à Bamenda
Program & Training Assistant (PTA) for Community Health PeaceCorps à Yaoundé
Seasonal Model School Vice Principal (Francophone) PeaceCorps à Bamenda
Seasonal Model School Principal PeaceCorps à Bamenda
Seasonal Model School Vice Principal (Anglophone) PeaceCorps à Bamenda