Catholic Relief Services
A Development organization is seeking the services of a qualified, experience and highly motivated Senior Accountant the position will be in Batouri for the next 12 months.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND ANALYSIS:
- Ensure that the program’s financial accounting environment is in compliance with CRS’ policies and procedures, GAAP(Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), donors’ rules and regulations and legal requirement;
- Oversee the development and implementation of robust local financial systems and processes (e.g. payroll and cash management) as appropriate;
- Ensure that all assets including cash, investments, inventories, accounts receivable, and accurately reflected on the trial balance.
PLANNING & BUDGET ADMINISTRATION:
- Provide the Senior Management Program Team with regular and timely budget comparison reports;
- Work closely with the Program Coordinator and Program managers to provide analyses and action plans that address significant variances between approved budgets and actual expenses.
- Ensure availability of sufficient, but not excessive, cash in the sub office operating account, by establishing cash balance monitoring systems to trigger timely accounts’ replenishments;
- Promote efficient and innovative solutions to cash management based on current trends. Such solutions might include electronic banking and mobile banking, when feasible and appropriate. S/he designs and implements internal controls adapted to such innovative solutions.
- Build and strengthen the capacity of sub recipients in the area of financial management. Plan and organize regular training and other capacity building initiatives such as exchange visits to ensure that sub recipients acquire and maintain the skills required to manage financial resources provided by CRS and other donors.
- Oversee the month-end financial closure process and coordinate the timely submission of monthly financial reports to CRS/HQ and to the region
GRANT MANAGEMENT (1):
- Coordinate the submission of monthly, quarterly and final financial reports to donors in accordance with donor’s regulations or as stated in agreements and CRS’ Grant Reporting Policy. In addition, when required, ensure supporting documents are accurate, financial reports tie to the general ledger and the cost can logically and accurately be explained to donors.
- Ensure grants are set up correctly and timely in CRS’ financial systems. Analyze revenue recognition transactions to ensure the correct currency codes, indirect cost recovery rates and grant liability accounts are used. Proactively resolve any irregularities.
RISK MANAGEMENT AND COMPLIANCE (1):
- Ensure adherence to the Agency’s financial policies and procedures and compliance with all donors’ financial requirements;
- Actively engage with internal and external audit teams and ensure findings related to financial management are closed within the prescribed deadlines;
- Promptly apprise the Senior Management Team of any known or suspected instances of fraud or of ethical viol.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field or equivalent work experience required. Minimum 3 years’ professional experience in a financial management position of responsibility, at least 2 of which is in a supervisory position required;
- Budgeting and budget management experience highly required;
- Knowledge of sun systems financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software highly desired;
- Proven ability to analyze reports or issues and to provide appropriate recommendations required;
- Availability to perform work assignments out of the country required;
- Sound knowledge of local law in the areas of taxation and local regulatory obligations is required;
- Knowledge of the relevant public donors’ regulations will be highly desired.
Applications should include a cover letter, CV and the application form.
Applications can be submitted electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying "Senior Accountant" in the e-mail subject line: or by mail at the following address:
Country Representative, BP 1851, and Yaoundé, Cameroon.
Deadline for submission: January 6, 2017.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes Catholic Relief Services
Livelihood Project Manager Catholic Relief Services à Batouri
Livelihood Project Assistants Catholic Relief Services à Batouri, Bertoua, Garoua Boulai and Yokadouma
Livelihood Project Officers Catholic Relief Services à Batouri, Bertoua, Garoua Boulai and Yokadouma
Livelihood Program Manager Catholic Relief Services à Batouri