Deputy Program Coordinator
Catholic Relief Services
A Development Organization is seeking the services of a qualified, experienced and highly motivated Deputy Program Coordinator. S/He will be responsible for working with the Program Coordinator to ensure the success of the project. In collaboration with the Project Coordinator, (s) he will effectively manage and leverage project resources to meet deliverables, as agreed with the donor. (s) He will coordinate day-to-day activities and support the supervision of the Project Managers to accomplish a successful program. The position will be based in Bertoua.
Specific Responsibilities: To work with the Project Coordinator (PC) to ensure that services are managed efficiently and effectively and in accordance to the project aims and values of the organization. The Deputy Project Coordinator will work with and deputies for the Project Coordinator where appropriate. (s) He is responsible for supporting the Project Coordinator in:
LEADERSHIP AND REPRESENTATION
- Provide strategic vision and leadership to the project team;
- Serve as primary point of contact for key in-country stakeholders, including the Government of Cameroun, others donors, and peer organization;
- Represent the organization and the project at all relevant donor and stakeholder meeting.
PROGRAM QUALITY AND MANAGEMENT
- Oversee the planning and implementation of all project activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices, and donor guidelines;
- Ensure strong communication and coordination between the organization, the donor and the Government of Cameroon as a means to effectively achieve program objectives;
- Emphasize and ensure the multi-sector project is implemented in an integrated manner by coordinating between Project Managers and between sectoral working groups at the regional level;
- In collaboration with the PC, MEAL Manager, and Project Managers direct the measurement, documentation, analysis and reporting of project performance and outcomes;
- Ensure implementation of strong MEAL systems using CRS tools and resources, including MEAL in Emergencies guidance, to maximize project impact on beneficiaries.
BUDGETING, FINANCIAL PLANNING, AND COMPLIANCE
- Ensure project compliance with donor regulations and organization policies;
- With support from the Country Program finance team, review monthly budget comparison reports and assess spending rate;
- Ensure a timely pace of implementation, with spending in line with budget forecasts;
- Approve project expenditures, carry out regular budget tracking and take the lead on official requests for modifications when needed;
- Ensure project implements and adheres to approved marketing and branding plan.
COORDINATION AND COMMUNICATION
- Maintain regular and strong communication with all partners, with in-country external stakeholders and with other CRS colleagues and Regional staff, including Technical Advisors, as appropriate;
- Ensure representation and participation of ISAP at UNHCR and other relevant working group meetings in Bertoua, Batouri, yokadouma and Garoua Boulai;
- Work closely with relevant support teams to ensure systems are in place that will enable timely receipt and distribution of all project materials and supplies;
- Implement activities in strict accordance to the CRS Field Security Plan and any additional protocols put in place to ensure staff Safety Supervision;
- Ensure annual performance planning and review of staff performance in keeping with CRS performance management system;
- Mentor staff to ensure high levels of motivation, commitment capacity and teamwork;
- Explore opportunities for capacity-building of national staff, particularly with regard to managing an emergency program;
- Ensure staff compliance with all CRS administrative and operational procedures and policies, as well as applicable donor regulations;
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position will directly supervise all those who will be placed under his responsibility.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIP
Internal: Program Coordinator, program staff;
External: Donor, peer organizations, Cameroon Government Ministries, other stakeholders
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in international development, humanitarian response, international education, conflict resolution/peacebuilding (or related field);
- Minimum of 2-3 years managing projects in development and/or emergency contexts, with at least 1 years’ experience managing projects in emergency context;
- Demonstrated expertise working in Africa in at least one or more of the sectors: education, social cohesion (or peacebuilding), or community services (or protection);
- Demonstrated experience with programming to address conflict sensitivity, gender mainstreaming, and inclusion of people with disabilities;
- Excellent leadership budget/financial management, analytical, communication and project specific technical skills;
- Ability to lead a multi-cultural team with a high level of respect for local culture, working with national staff in overseas offices;
- Demonstrated ability to work under remote supervision and to manage team members remotely;
- Willingness and ability to live and work in sub-office environment with minimal expatriate community presence.
Required Language: French (English and Fulani a plus)
Required Travel: Frequent travel by vehicle to Batouri and the two field offices in Garoua boulai and Yokadouma as well as to remote project sites.
Applications should include a cover letter, CV and the application form.
Applications can be submitted electronically at email@example.com, specifying "Deputy Program Coordinator" in the e-mail subject line: or by mail at the following address:
Country Representative, BP 1851, and Yaoundé, Cameroon.
Deadline for submission: January 6, 2017.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes Catholic Relief Services
Program Manager Catholic Relief Services à Kousseri
Administrative and Finance Project Assistant Catholic Relief Services à Kousseri
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Project Assistant Catholic Relief Services à Kousseri
Livelihood Project Manager Catholic Relief Services à Batouri
Livelihood Project Assistants Catholic Relief Services à Batouri, Bertoua, Garoua Boulai and Yokadouma