Project Coordinator GFD
Job Advert: Project Coordinator GFD (16641)
Plan International is an independent non-profit development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Within the framework of humanitarian response, Plan International Cameroon is recruiting a Project Coordinator for the Global Food Distribution project. He/She will be posted in Mora (Maroua Program Unit).
DIMENSION OF THE ROLE:
The Project Coordinator will among many other tasks perform the following:
- Ensure all logistics and related activities are prepared accordingly
- Ensure effective and efficient distribution of food items to beneficiaries with transparency and equal opportunity.
- Ensure that the purpose of the M&E framework is being achieved and enabling decision-making on the project progression and development.
- Identify data sources for capturing project performance and impact indicators, in conjunction with the project team.
- Contribute to nutritional assessment planning, implementation, interpretation & reporting
- Draft regular M&E project reports and assist in the preparation of project monthly reports.
- Ensure data tracking and reporting
- Gather, analyse and share relevant data/information with the project team and donors
- Contribute to Nutrition assessment operations in implementing zones
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
- University degree in Social Science, Nutrition, Statistics or related courses
- Understands the main processes and methods of the GFD
- Demonstrate good knowledge on nutrition, logistic and stock management
- Possesses basic knowledge of Plan’s policies and procedures
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology
- Minimum of one (1) year work experience in research and evaluation, planning, participatory monitoring and evaluation, and developing community development projects in the area.
- Extensive knowledge of emergency nutrition work
- Ability to speak, read and write French ,English, fluently and other languages, Fufulde, Mandara, Haoussa and proven ability and willingness to learn other languages
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft office including words, excel, internet etc).
Physical Environment and Demands:
- Ability to work under pressure and in remote area and in zones were security issues is a concern
To apply for this job, kindly click on "Apply". Your application should include:
- A covering letter
- A comprehensive CV including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current of most recent supervisor
Location: Maroua Program Unit – Cameroon (Mora)
Closing date: 4th January 2017
Plan International Cameroon operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourages diversity. Only applications received in French or English will be treated and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan international has a child protection and gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes Plan Cameroon
EiE Project Coordinator PCA4 Plan Cameroon à Maroua
Radio Programming Assistant/ Journalist Plan Cameroon à Maroua
Child Protection in Emergencies Field Animator Plan Cameroon à Maroua
M&E officer PCA4 Plan Cameroon à Bertoua
Radio Technician Plan Cameroon à Maroua