British High Commission
BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION YAOUNDE
Vacancy - Driver (05/16 YAO)
A vacancy has arisen for the position of Driver (05/16 YAO) at the British High Commission in Yaounde.
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Residence and Support Staff)
Job Subcategory: Driver/Messenger
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
To be driver for the Military Adviser of the BHC expected to drive mainly to destinations in Cameroon with the occasional trip to Chad; to provide transport support to visiting military and to the wider BHC as necessary; to run various errands and carry out minor administrative tasks for the Military Adviser and the wider BHC Yaounde as necessary.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve
- Drive passengers to destinations as detailed in a safe and careful manner
- Perform the daily first parade and be responsible for security of the vehicle while in use
- Maintain high standards of physical hygiene and keep the vehicle clean at all times
- Routinely check for noticeable defects and liaise with line manager for urgent repairs
- Properly record journeys on the car log book and update the vehicle maintenance logbook
- Promptly report all accidents and near misses to line manager
- Meet and greet visitors in a friendly and polite manner at the airport and other pickup points and to work collaboratively with all colleagues.
- Other administrative ad hoc tasks
Essential qualifications and experience
- A good knowledge of the Cameroonian terrain is required.
- Working knowledge of emergency First Aid, Map Reading and Satellite Navigation via GPS.
- Basic knowledge of car mechanics is essential and will be tested
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s licence.
- Work experience of at least three years in a similar capacity.
Desireable qualifications and experience:
- Cross-border driving experience will be an added advantage.
- Changing and Improving,
- Leading and Communicating,
- Collaborating and Partnering,
- Managing a Quality Service.
Application deadline: 15 January 2017
Type of position: Fixed Term
Duration of Post: 24 months
Type of Post: British High Commission
Starting Salary: 258 004 CFA
Start Date: 1 February 2017
Other benefits and conditions of employment: Housing allowance of 60 996 CFA plus Transport allowance of 32 844 CFA
All interested candidates are invited to apply online through the following link: DRIVER YAOUNDE
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes British High Commission
Political and Communications Officer British High Commission à Yaoundé
FINANCE/MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT British High Commission à Yaoundé
Prosperity Assistant British High Commission à Yaoundé
Drivers British High Commission à Yaoundé