Political Intern (Non-Paid)
Internship advert: Political Intern (Non-Paid)
The U.S. Embassy in Yaounde has an immediate opening for a non-paid intern.
Open to: Current University or Advanced School Students
Closing Date: December 28, 2016 at 17:00
Duration of Internship: Three months renewable (not to exceed 6 months)
Work Hours: Not to exceed 40 hours/week
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Under the direct supervision of the Political Specialist, the Political Intern (PI) works in the political sub-section providing the section the information and tools it needs to further U.S. government foreign policy objectives in Cameroon. The PI works closely with the Political Specialist as well as the Political Officer and undertakes projects and tasks for the sub-section:
- gathers information, establishes, develops and maintains contacts at working-level with government, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and key private citizens;
- schedules meetings and follows up to verify attendance; works independently to gather biographical and personnel information on persons of interest to the U.S. Government, including analyses of subject’s background, position and actions; and
- builds and maintains unclassified biographical files, including starting new files on own initiative.
Education: The applicant must be a final year MA student (Master 2) in law or international relations working on a relevant dissertation.
Language Proficiency: Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English and French are required. (This will be tested.)
- Must have a sound understanding of Cameroonian political, economic, and diplomatic practices, including social and government structures, institutions, political parties, electoral systems, historical development, key problem areas and major political figures.
- Must have a full comprehension of U.S. foreign policy motivations and objectives for Cameroon and must be computer literate.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to develop and maintain working level contacts in Cameroon’s public and private sectors.
- Must have excellent formal presentation, public speaking, and communication skills.
Interested candidates must submit the following:
- A typed resume or curriculum vitae.
- Photocopies of university transcripts or diploma/degree.
- A reference letter from the university/school administration (reference letters from lecturers will not be accepted).
NOTE: Selected candidate will be required to provide a medical insurance covering the duration of the internship.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
P.O. Box 817, U.S. Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
Or via e-mail at: email@example.com
(please, indicate “Political Intern (Non-Paid)” on the subject line)
POINT OF CONTACT: Telephone: 222-201-500, Ext 4006; Fax: 2220-1500, Ext 4532
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes U.S. Embassy
Conducteur de Camion U.S. Embassy à Yaoundé
Cultural Affairs Specialist U.S. Embassy à Yaoundé
Truck Driver U.S. Embassy à Yaoundé
Janitor U.S. Embassy à Yaoundé
Strategic Information Technical Advisor U.S. Embassy à Yaoundé