Associate Director of Operations & Administration
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is seeking an Associate Director of Operations & Administration
LOCATION: Yaoundé, Cameroon
REPORTS TO: Country Director
Supervise: Finance Manager, Procurement officer, HR Officer
- Support the attainment of the Foundation’s overall goals by providing operational and administrative support to the Cameroon EGPAF program.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. For more information, please, visit our page: www.pedaids.org.
Job Responsibilities :
Management and supervision of sub-grants, finance, human resources, administration, logistics and procurement activities in support of the country program:
- Ensure compliance with the Foundation and donor specific policies, rules and regulations
- Assume responsibility for purchasing and payment within guidelines set by the Country Director
- Help establish and build collaborative working relationships with the HQ office, other EGPAF country offices and in-country partners’ related departments
- Oversee the budget development process ensuring effective and efficient allocation of program resources
- Coordinate the preparation of financial and administrative reports, analyze and interpret financial data, and participate in strategic planning efforts
- Participate in the country office senior management/leadership team meetings
- With the senior management, implement and manage a team building program for country staff, including formal training, personal and profession peer support, mentoring and professional development.
- Coordinate grantee proposal review process and ensure compliance with solicitations and donor regulations.
- Coordinate pre-award evaluations and assessments of potential grantees as needed.
- Analyze, verify and review grantees proposal budgets to ensure donor compliance and reasonableness.
- Coordinate grantee risk assessment and implement appropriate systems and agreements to minimize risk.
- Ensure timely and appropriate close-out of sub-grants and coordination of close out activities.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of donor rules and regulations ensuring implementation at all times.
- Manage and provide oversight on sub-granting strategy of all country office new business proposals, contracts and grants.
- Protects the interests of the Foundation by ensuring full compliance with statutory requirements in all applicable areas, including health and safety laws, labor and immigration laws, tax laws and other country and local laws and regulations.
- Ensures appropriate registration and certification of the Foundation as required under the NGO act / company act or as applicable.
- Monitors all new and pending laws, regulations, codes of practice and court rulings that could have an impact on the Foundation’s operations, advises SMT accordingly, and proactively implements any necessary changes.
- Directs the preparation and submission of legal / statutory / taxation returns and other information required in compliance with legal requirements, including requirements under local tax laws.
- Ensures the country office is properly registered with all applicable statutory bodies (e.g. social security).
- Serves as the primary contact with the Foundation’s legal advisors (attorney, labor lawyer, tax advisor etc), and ensures the Foundation has ready access to, and established partnerships with, competent legal counsel at all times. Proactively notifies the SMT and relevant DC office department of legal risks or challenges such as law suits, engages legal advice where necessary, and works collaboratively to resolve such issues in the best interests of the Foundation. Where legal responsibilities are delegated to other staff, closely manages delegated tasks and ensures these are clearly defined and included in work-plans and job descriptions.
- A Master’s degree in business Management, Operations or any other relevant field is highly desired.
- Eight years’ experience in Finance or Accounting with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrated financial management experience including preparing, managing and monitoring budgets, banking contracts and negotiations.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise financial and administrative oversight of sub-grant programs.
- Proven leadership capabilities and solid experience managing, mentoring and developing staff.
- Experience in developing and managing the implementation of procurement and logistics policies and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of donor regulations including CDC/PEPFAR USAID, Global Fund and other major international donors.
- Professional qualification in Finance or Accounting e.g. CA, CIMA, and ACCA is an added advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of and experience in HIV/AIDS management is an added advantage
- Good understanding of and experience in the international development sector.
- Solid grant management and budget oversight skills and experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Ministry of Health and other stakeholders.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Preference is given to nationals or local residents considering that this position will be a local hire
How to Apply?
Email a cover letter and CV to: CameroonRecruitment@pedaids.org on or before monday, 02nd January 2017, 5:00 PM Cameroon time stating in the subject “ADO”.
Files not forwarded electronically will not be treated.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
Project Assistant Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation à Yaoundé
Technical Officer Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation à Bamenda
Technical Officer Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation à Douala
DRIVER Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation à Yaoundé