ENABLE Youth Coordinator
ENABLE Youth Coordinator (Ref No: DDG-R4D/E/YC/11/16)
Background: The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) invites applications for the position of ENABLE Youth Coordinator.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a non-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. Please visit http://www.iita.org/ for more information on IITA.
IITA seeks a highly motivated individual with experience in extension and development of youth Agripreneurs to lead the implementation of an ENABLE Youth Program in the framework of the Agricultural Value Chain Development Project in Cameroon. This project is supported by AfDB and the Cameroon government and is implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development. In his/her capacity, the ENABLE Youth Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of all youth incubation activities and ensuring the delivery of expected project outputs and outcomes. He/she will report to the Head of the Youth in Agribusiness Office and the Central Africa Hub Director.
The successful candidate will undertake the following tasks:
- Oversee day-to-day implementation of the project and ensure, in coordination with the Country Representative, excellent communication and cooperation with the project coordination unit at the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
- Supervise project staff - Administrative Assistant, Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, Accountant, Drivers, and Trainers.
- Liaise with IITA Agripreneur programs elsewhere in sub-Saharan Africa to exchange knowledge and experiences.
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of project work plans and budgets.
- Arrange the timely transfer of project resources to relevant implementing partners in support of eligible interventions in the various incubation centers.
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of project reports, including quarterly activity reports and annual activity and audit reports.
- Ensure that funding eligibility criteria are followed by the incubation implementing partners.
- Ensure implementing units/partners account for funds accurately and timely.
- Ensure project procurement is efficiently undertaken and according to the AfDB rules.
- Coordinate mid-term and project completion reviews.
- Ensure that the youth are actively involved and play critical roles in project implementation as a way of reducing unemployment in Cameroon.
- Liaise among other projects with similar objectives to ensure the coordination of related activities.
- Implement and manage the project under the supervision of the IITA Cameroon Country Representative and the IITA Central Africa Hub (CAH) Director.
- Undertake any other duty as requested by the CAH Director.
The candidate should have a postgraduate degree, preferably a PhD in agriculture, social science or a related field.
Working Experience: At least 10 years of continuous work experience, with at least five years at managerial level with track records in Africa or other developing countries.
Language: The candidate should communicate fluently (orally and in writing) in French and English languages.
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- Capacity to work effectively in a team.
- Ability to initiate, participate, and coordinate youth programs in agribusiness.
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and experience in the rules of procedure for project management of the AfDB and/or other multilateral donors.
- Knowledge of Cameroonian research and extension systems and of regional and international research organizations active in Africa.
- Excellent leadership, management, interpersonal, and team building skills.
- Proven skills in project coordination and management.
- Demonstrated success in working with multi-disciplinary teams and partnerships in a cross cultural environment.
- Excellent social skills, collaborative style, and proactive and innovative attitudes.
- Willingness to travel extensively within Cameroon.
- Capacity to pay attention to details and ensure accuracy.
- Capacity for planning and organizing as well as analyzing and resolving problems.
- Excellent communication and social skills.
General Information: An internationally competitive remuneration package will be offered.
Duty Station: IITA Cameroon Research Center and Congo Basin Institute, Nkolbisson, Yaounde, Cameroon
Applications: Applications must include covering letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work). The application should be addressed to the Head of Human Resources. Please complete our online application form using this link: http://www.iita.org/careers
Application deadline is 29 November 2016.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in the workforce, therefore female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes IITA
MEDECIN DU TRAVAIL IITA, lieu non précisé
CONSULTANTS IITA, lieu non précisé
Research Assistant and Field Technician IITA à Buéa
Station Administrator IITA à Yaoundé