Strategic Information and Evaluation (SI&E) Officer
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation seeks
01 Strategic Information and Evaluation (SI&E) Officer
"Sometimes in life there is that moment when it's possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments."
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 7,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to eliminate pediatric HIV and AIDS by implementing HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
He is member of the SI&E department, supporting the building of an M&E system in EGPAF Cameroon, including tool development, as well as data collection, management, analysis, and use for program improvement of all different components [PMTCT, Pediatric C&T, Adult C&T ART, etc.). In addition, he/she will support the development of proposals for and implementation of program evaluations
Job responsibilities (at different levels of the Health system)
- Supports the development / update of M&E plans, operational M&E plan and systems and tools;
- Contributes to the collection, analysis, and use of project data for report generation, advocacy, information sharing, and program improvement;
- Provides technical backstopping support to country staffs and partners in the collection, analysis, and use of program data for report generation and program improvement;
- Participates in the implementation of M&E capacity-building initiatives in M&E for country staff and partners;
- Supports Cameroon-based program staff in the design of country-level program queries and reports using the Foundation’s international programs data warehouse;
- Supports the implementation of EGPAF Cameroon’s M&E plan, and the development of SI&E Minimum Standards for EGPAF Cameroon
- Supports in the development and implementation of data quality assurance strategies in EGPAF Cameroon
- Supports development and implementation of data use plans in the country programs and projects
- Provides support in the design and implementation of program evaluation and operations research studies, as appropriate;
- Verifies and synthesizes data coming from the field;
- Supports SI&E team in development / revision of data quality assurance (DQA) system; contributes to tool design, supports strengthening key partner capacity in ensuring data quality
- contribute in promoting data usage and quality improvement;
- Ensures data storage (hard and soft copy) at the dedicated EGPAF offices;
- Assist in data analysis at regional level and utilization of data for decision-making;
- Implement DQA at different levels
- Ensures that SI&E minimum standards are effective implemented as define in the M&E plan;
- Assists in data analysis and utilization of data for decision-making;
- Generates queries or transmission of queries requested by the SI&E Director;
- Participates in data reviews;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the SI&E Director;
- Contributes summary data and program content to Foundation reports, briefings, policy statements, media releases, on subject matter in Cameroon;
- Supports as well as analyzes program data to support the documentation and dissemination of promising practices and lessons learned in Cameroon;
- Participates and supports various M&E related Technical Assistance projects;
- Participates in various capacity building efforts related to M&E;
- Actively participates in new business development efforts;
- Leads and/or participants in short and medium term M&E technical assistance projects; and
- Provides other program monitoring and evaluation technical support, upon request of the EGPAF Cameroon SI&E Director.
Location: Yaoundé, Cameroon
Reports to: SI&E Director, EGPAF Cameroon
- Master’s degree in epidemiology, demography, public health, and/ or program management and evaluation, preferably with a focus in the area of HIV/AIDS or Statistician engineer with experience in public health domain;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (required), French and Portuguese (an asset).
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in the area of monitoring and evaluation, and/or health program planning, management and evaluation and health research
- Ability to travel domestically in Cameroon approximately 30% of the time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated expertise working within multi-cultural and multi-national teams in developing countries, including with Ministries of Health and/or other implementing partners;
- Demonstrated expertise in providing targeted technical assistance on various M&E themes of public health programs;
- Demonstrated expertise in developing data use plans and preparing best practices papers, policy briefings, advocacy materials, etc. in the context of international health programming;
- Strong and demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access;
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, required;
- English fluency (spoken and written) is highly desired;
- Proven ability to work effectively as member of dynamic team in fast-paced environment.
Complete application files composed of an application letter, and CV, addressed to the SI&E Director of EGPAF Cameroon, should be submitted to the email: CameroonRecruitment@pedaids.org on or before Wednesday, December 7, 2016, 5:00pm Cameroon time stating in the subject space “SIE Officer”.
Any incomplete file, or files submitted after the deadline will be disqualified. Files not forwarded electronically will not be treated.
NB: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
Procurement Officer Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation à Yaoundé
Pediatric Technical Advisor Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation à Douala
Human Resource Manager Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation à Yaoundé
Finance Manager Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation à Yaoundé
Community Engagement Officer Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation à Yaoundé