Human Resources & Administration Officer
Programme d'Appui à l'Initiative Communautaire
Programme d’Appui à l’Initiative Communautaire (PAIC)
Title: Human Resources & Administration Officer
Employee Status: Full Time
Reports to: Operations Manager
Creative Associates International Inc. is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates International Cameroun Limited (Creative Associates) is preparing for the implementation of USAID's Office of Transition Initiatives program in Cameroon: le Programme d’Appui à l’Initiative Communautaire (PAIC). The two-year program will be working to strengthen inter-community relations through local initiatives, empower youth, and increase social cohesion. The USAID/OTI Cameroon program will work at the local level in partnership with local organizations.
To lead and support the implementation of the Programme d’Appui à l’Initiative Communautaire (PAIC), Creative Associates seeks to engage a highly qualified and motivated team. All positions, including positions based in Yaoundé, are full time and require a willingness to travel throughout northern Cameroon. Creative Associates is especially interested in receiving submissions from women applicants. Only qualified candidates who follow the application instructions will be contacted.
The Human Resources & Admin Officer (HR & Admin) will support the Operations Manager to manage the Yaoundé office. S/he will provide support to various administrative and human resources functions and performs a broad range of clerical and secretarial duties. The Human Resources & Admin Officer will be responsible for administrative functions such as collection of monthly timesheets, ensuring that office supplies such as stationary, kitchen and cleaning supplies are stocked, and assisting in the compilation of administrative paperwork. In addition to these tasks, the Human Resources & Admin Officer will serve as the Yaoundé office receptionist and the primary point of contact for vendors and other visitors to the office. The Human Resources & Admin Officer will support the office through photocopying, scanning and other administrative tasks. In addition to the administrative tasks, the Human Resources & Admin Officer will help the Human Resources & Admin Manager with staff recruitment and staff file management. These tasks may include, recruitment, wage and salary verification and administration, training, employee relations, and management of employee benefits. S/he will work closely with the Maroua-based Human Resources & Administration Manager to develop staffing plans and strategies to meet Creative’s requirements and ensure the program policies and procedures comply with Cameroonian laws and regulations. The HR & Admin Officer serves as the Yaoundé office receptionist. This position will be based in the Yaoundé office. Limited travel may be required.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with the general maintenance of the office.
- Keep the inventory of office supplies up to date, maintain the minimum level needed, and orders more from the vendors when needed.
- Identify furniture and equipment needs to be requested for procurement.
- Assist with the updating of the program and operations inventories.
- Process and handover notes of equipment provided to the staff.
- When needed, obtain quotes for purchases of recurring office supplies needed for the functioning of the office and coordinate any purchases with the Procurement & Logistics Officer.
- Assist with the general maintenance of the office.
- Provide administrative support to senior management and other staff as required.
- Maintain files of the recurrent services including utilities, phone, internet, etc.
- Maintain office and other operational files as requested by the Operations Manager and Human Resources & Administration Manager.
- Provide assistance and administrative support as needed to other Yaoundé-based staff, as assigned by Operations Manager.
- Handle general inquiries and requests for information and materials via email, mail and/or phone.
- Collect departmental updates for monthly operations report.
- Retrieve, log, and sort correspondence and resumes.
- Assist in organizing training sessions and/or workshops.
- Manage and provide staff orientation; plan exit interviews.
- Ensure timely communication on employment changes i.e. resignations, terminations, leave applications, time sheets and other personal related information.
- Maintain employee telephone lists and office floor map.
- Provide assistance with travel expense reports, photocopying, ordering reading and learning materials, as needed.
- Assist staff with sending documents via courier, bus, etc.
- Serve as Yaoundé office receptionist and point of contact for greeting and directing visitors.
- Provide oversight to the work performed by the cleaner and ensure their duties are carried out in a timely and efficient manner.
- Organize and set up office for meetings.
- Book appointments and schedule meetings.
- Book accommodation for trips to the field by Creative and partner staff and beneficiaries.
- Liaise with drivers regarding vehicles and support the Procurement & Logistics Officer to assign vehicles to support all movements of staff to the field based on the weekly schedule.
- Assist with vehicle fleet coordination.
- Maintain office, personnel, and other operational files as requested by the Operations Manager and HR and Admin Manager.
- In concert with the HR & Admin Manager, prepare job announcements/job descriptions, file documents in personnel files, conduct interviews, recruit staff, and facilitate new employee orientations and trainings.
- Coordinate policies regarding human resources activities, such as recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, employee relations, and performance management.
- Monitor time and attendance of staff and other personnel functions.
- Process leave request forms and track leave accrued and taken for Yaoundé-based staff.
- Process agreements for casual labor and support staff and track their start and end dates.
- Induct and train new staff and short-term technical assistance consultants on Creative policies and procedures.
- Process, verify, and maintain documentation related to personnel activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations and classifications.
- Interpret and provide guidance and instruction to the Yaoundé team on HR processes, policies, workflow, and work unit priorities.
- Provide employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Analyze training needs to design employee development, language training, and health and safety programs
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts, and helping to resolve work related problems
- Support the HR & Admin Manager to conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
- As required, contract with vendors to provide employee services, such as background verification, health and life insurance, and transportation.
- Support the Human Resources & Admin Manager to mediate conflict and grievances among staff.
- In consultation with the Human Resources & Admin manger, make decisions on HR issues.
- Assist the office team with understanding and using the Performance Evaluation System.
- Any other duties and tasks as needed and assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Two (2) year University degree required, degree in human resources, business administration, or related field is required. Four-year university degree preferred.
- Must have 4+ years of general work experience or history.
- Must have 2+ years of directly related specific experience in Human Resources or administration role.
- Previous HR experience working under USAID or other donor funded regulations and policies.
- Experience in sourcing, recruiting and interviewing professional and management candidates is required.
- Experience in developing and implementing programs across complex organizations with software and systems related to sourcing and management of candidates is required.
- Strong ability to use and develop management and tracking systems.
- Strong communication skills.
- Problem solving, stress management and time management skills are required.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. Prior experience using MS Access and web-based database applications preferred.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in French required and proficiency in English desired.
- Fluency in one or more of the local languages used in the northern Cameroon preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply, follow the instructions availables at this adress: http://www.paic.info/comment-appliquer.html
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes Programme d'Appui à l'Initiative Communautaire
Procurement & Logistics Officer Programme d'Appui à l'Initiative Communautaire à Yaoundé
Chargé(e) d'Approvisionnement et de la Logistique Programme d'Appui à l'Initiative Communautaire à Yaoundé
Chargé(e) de l'Administration et de Ressources Humaines Programme d'Appui à l'Initiative Communautaire à Yaoundé
Finance Officer Programme d'Appui à l'Initiative Communautaire à Yaoundé