Programme d'Appui à l'Initiative Communautaire
Programme d’Appui à l’Initiative Communautaire (PAIC)
Title: Finance Officer
Employee Status: Full Time
Reports to: Finance Manager
Creative Associates International Inc. is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates International Cameroun Limited (Creative Associates) is preparing for the implementation of USAID's Office of Transition Initiatives program in Cameroon: le Programme d’Appui à l’Initiative Communautaire (PAIC). The two-year program will be working to strengthen inter-community relations through local initiatives, empower youth, and increase social cohesion. The USAID/OTI Cameroon program will work at the local level in partnership with local organizations.
To lead and support the implementation of the Programme d’Appui à l’Initiative Communautaire (PAIC) Creative Associates seeks to engage a highly qualified and motivated team. All positions, including positions based in Yaoundé, are full time and require a willingness to travel throughout northern Cameroon. Creative Associates is especially interested in receiving submissions from women applicants. Only qualified candidates who follow the application instructions will be contacted.
Working under the direction of the Finance Manager, the Finance Officer will support all financial management aspects of the PAIC Program in compliance with Creative policies and procedures and USAID regulations. The scope of the position includes but is not limited to assisting with entering local transactions in accounting software, running monthly reports, processing travel advances, processing payroll, reviewing expense reports, monitoring receivables and payables, ensuring compliance with Cameroonian and international finance regulations, ensuring adequate cash balances to cover project activities and processing electronic funds transfer/check requests. The Finance Officer’s tasks will include tracking of budgets, supporting activity budget projections for the Yaoundé office, making timely payments to vendors and consultants, and daily input of transactions into Creative’s accounting system. The Finance Officer prepares payment/disbursement vouchers and other financial documentation, supports the Finance Manager to analyze and manage accounts, prepares supporting documentation for the Finance Manager, and works closely with the Maroua-based Finance Officer. This position will be based in Yaoundé. Periodic travel throughout the Far North and to Maroua may be required.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
The Finance Officer will report to the Finance Manager in Maroua.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Apply internationally accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyzing financial information and prepare accurate and timely financial reports.
- Ensure Creative’s accounting and internal control procedures are followed.
- Monitor cash balances, prepare advance account reconciliations and bank reconciliations.
- Review local expense reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with Creative’s policies and procedures and internationally accepted financial practices before reimbursement.
- Coordinate with program and administrative staff to ensure transactions are properly coded.
- Maintain orderly files and good system of records.
- Prepare electronic funds transfer/check requests, if any.
- Coordinate with the bank for information regarding bank account, bank statements, exchange rates, etc.
- Work with the Finance Manager to ensure compliance with internationally accepted financial practices and procedures.
- Prepare financial reports, as required.
- Responsible for entering financial information and transactions into software maintaining internal controls, and producing regular financial information and reports at the request of senior management.
- Provide support to Administration and IT staff related to financial matters, especially in the areas of reviewing and analyzing utility and service bills.
- Provide support to Activity Management Teams during activity close-out and reconciliation of financial records.
- Prepare financial documents, including payment/disbursement vouchers, with proper support documentation according to procedures and regulations prior to submission to Finance Manager for review.
- Support the Finance Manager to analyze and reconcile accounts before bi-weekly or monthly fund requests are submitted to Creative’s home office.
- Manage petty cash allocation, payments, reconciliation, and review and monitoring, including spot checks of individuals serving as petty cashiers or managing Orange/MTN Mobile Money accounts to ensure procedures are being followed and no irregularities are occurring.
- Conduct regular review and spot checks of Orange/MTN Mobile Money agent accounts and monitors that all transfers have been recorded and documented.
- Discuss any unclear postings with Finance Manager and Operations Manager if required.
- Support training on Creative’s internal control system, required documents and, where appropriate provide mentoring and monitoring.
- Any other duties and tasks as needed and assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Four-year (4) university degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ general work history is required.
- Minimum two (2) years’ progressively responsible experience working in accounting and financial management on a USAID- or other international donor-funded program(s) or project(s).
- Minimum one (1) year of supervisory experience required.
- Prior experience working on a program which included grants or small grants under contract, preferably in-kind grants, and focused on rural and insecure areas.
- Experience with computerized accounting systems is required.
- Strong analytical skills are required.
- Multi-tasking with positive attitude is required
- Knowledge of payroll and tax issues.
- Prior experience with international organizations or international-funded projects is highly desirable.
- Detail oriented, meticulous, and methodical in the approach to accounting and financial management.
- Capable of quickly performing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully and diplomatically with a culturally diverse group of people.
- Strong ability to use and develop financial and budget management and tracking systems.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Problem solving, stress management and time management skills are required.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. Prior experience using accounting software and web-based financial management systems preferred.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in French and proficiency in English are required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local languages used in the northern Cameroon is desired.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply, follow the instructions availables at this adress: http://www.paic.info/comment-appliquer.html
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes Programme d'Appui à l'Initiative Communautaire
Procurement & Logistics Officer Programme d'Appui à l'Initiative Communautaire à Yaoundé
Chargé(e) d'Approvisionnement et de la Logistique Programme d'Appui à l'Initiative Communautaire à Yaoundé
Chargé(e) de l'Administration et de Ressources Humaines Programme d'Appui à l'Initiative Communautaire à Yaoundé
Human Resources & Administration Officer Programme d'Appui à l'Initiative Communautaire à Yaoundé