Systems Strengthening Director
Chemonics International Inc.
JOB TITLE: Systems Strengthening Director
PROJECT: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Cameroon
The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, GHSC-PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Supervise the work of the HIV/AIDS, Laboratory and Regional Technical Advisors.
- Advance performance management by implementation of the performance management system.
- Supervise and coordinate the overall implementation of commodity logistics management nationwide.
- Supervise the development and implementation of logistics management Tools at central, regional and health facility levels to improve decision‐making.
- Coordinate with the M&E and the procurement Advisors to ensure the availability of data for decision‐making.
- Lead the projects’ efforts to assist the MOH, the NACP and the RFHP in the development and implementation of the national commodity management strategy.
- Lead the projects’ efforts to maximize the transfer of skills from the project to the MOH, NACP, RFHP and any relevant stakeholders in order to build capacity and sustainability.
- Attend technical meetings and represent the project to USAID, partners, and the MOH, NACP liaising with partners and stakeholders at the central, regional, and local levels.
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Other duties as required by the Country Director.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Advanced degree in public policy, health systems, or management-related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in public health program management, health systems strengthening, and/or supply chain management systems, including experience in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and implement complex USAID-funded public health programs or projects in a developing country context.
- Previous field experience desired (including long-term overseas positions or extended short term engagements), preferably in Cameroon or West Africa.
- Skilled in leading and managing high-performing teams.
- Demonstrated skills in capacity building and knowledge transfer.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cooperating partners, especially government counterparts, in implementing complex programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills; proven diplomatic and public relations skills.
- Proficiency in English and French required.
Level of Effort and Location
This long-term position for the life of the contract and will be based in Yaoundé, Cameroon with intermittent travel throughout the country.
The Systems Strengthening Director will report directly to the USAID GHSC-PSM Country Director.
Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the “Systems and Strengthening Director” in the Subject line. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes Chemonics International
Assistant de Bureau Chemonics International, lieu non précisé
Gestionnaire des Opérations Chemonics International, lieu non précisé
Conseiller Technique Régional (Littoral) Chemonics International, lieu non précisé
Conseiller Principal, Laboratoire Chemonics International à Yaoundé