Communication Service Provider
OFFRE D'EMPLOI: Communication Service Provider (15462)
Plan International is an independent non-profit development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries
Plan International Cameroon is seeking to recruit interested candidates as service providers to fulfill the position of Communication Service Provider that will deliver the tasks outline below;
Please to note that this is a service provider contract.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the authority of the PR and Communication Advisor, the Communication Service provider will among other tasks perform the following tasks:
- Contribute to sharing and learning about Plan’s country program work through efficient use of internal and external communication channels and systems.
- Produce regularly communication materials for use on Plan’s internal and external communication tools (at least one story per month); these includes producing either a case study a write-up, a photo essay or a video
- Support measures to strengthen the capacity of staff to communicate using a variety of channels and for different audiences.
- Facilitate the creation of a strong professional image of Plan International amongst external media
- Contribute to Develop Plan Cameroon’s program communications library to include (photos, videos, articles, etc)
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the PR & Com Advisor, supervisor or delegate.
Technical Competencies required for this position
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, Communication or any other related field
- At least 1 year of experience working in journalism, communications, media, or Public Relations
- Strong understanding of print, radio, television and online media
- Experience as a spokesperson
- Intermediate photography and/or filming skills
- Strong technical skills in designing and lay out of Newsletters, brochures, etc
- Fluent in written and spoken English and French. Preference will be given to candidates who speak and write more than one working language.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working with or in collaboration with an NGO or UN agency, or equivalent, is preferred.
- Prior experience travelling to, or working in an emergency environment will be an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to Plan International’s values and principles.
- Ability to operate effectively in stressful situations
- Gender awareness and cultural sensitivity
- Good time management and problem solving skills.
Physical Environment and Demands:
- Work under pressure to produce results
- Keep to strict deadlines
- Travels within PUs
To apply for this job, kindly click on "Apply". Your application should include:
- A cover letter
- A comprehensive CV including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current of most recent supervisor
Location: Yaoundé – CAMEROON
N.B. this is a one year contract.
Closing date: October 15th, 2016
Plan International Cameroon operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourages diversity. Only applications received in French or English will be treated and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan international has a child protection and gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes Plan Cameroon
EiE Animators Education project Plan Cameroon à Bertoua
Livelihood Field Animator Plan Cameroon à Maroua
Data Management and M&E Officer Plan Cameroon à Maroua
Charge(e) de la composante sociale Plan Cameroon à Douala
Coordonateur de Programme Plan Cameroon à Douala