Bertoua and Maroua
OFFRE D'EMPLOI: Nutritionist (15123)
Plan International is an independent non-profit development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International Cameroon is seeking to recruit interested candidates as service providers to fulfill the position of Nutritionist that will deliver the tasks outline below;
Please to note that this is a local contract.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the authority of the National Project Coordinator, the Nutritionist will among other tasks perform the following tasks:
- Ensure the effective follow-up and management of stock and the effective implementation of the project at the level of the region;
- Design distribution plans and ensure that the supplies of foodstuffs in the distribution points are done accordingly;
- Work in collaboration with the National Project Coordinator in the development of new grants and resource mobilisation;
- Ensure that the enrolment of children under 5 and pregnant and lactating women (PLW) in the SFP respects the standardized criteria;
- Maintain a good collaboration and communication with technical and financial partners (Plan Canada, UNICEF, PAM) also with local authorities (Regional Delegate of health, nutrition clusters etc);
- Ensure the respect of the National applicable Protocol;
- Liaise with the program, administrative, logistic and finance staff at the program unit (PU) level to maximize collaboration and ensure proper coordination of activities;
- Ensure a proper respect of administrative and finance operating procedures.
- Be a holder of Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (Nutrition, Public Health, Project Manager, Humanitarian response) and/or proven experience in implementing a Nutrition project;
- Extensive Knowledge on the new National Protocol of the Management of Acute Malnutrition;
- At least 1 year of experience working for a reputable international humanitarian and development organization;
- Experience in the management of a nutrition project;
- Experience of working zones in were security issues is a concern.
Skills and behavior
- Good team player
- Ability to inter-face with all levels of management
- Highly effective networking and inter-personal skills
- Timely and effective delivery of project activities and other outputs (reports, etc)
- Commitment to child protection, gender equality and participation
- Demonstrate ability to assess best practice, document and disseminate lessons learned
- Ability to network with grassroots structures
- Good planning and organizational abilities
- Good communication and ICT skills
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Open to feedback and willingness to adopt to new approaches and processes
- Field based with limited travels out of assigned zone.
To apply for this job, kindly click on "Apply". Your application should include:
- A cover letter
- A comprehensive CV including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current of most recent supervisor
Location: Bertoua and Maroua – CAMEROON
N.B. Please to specify you preferred location.
Closing date: October 15th, 2016
Plan International Cameroon operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourages diversity. Only applications received in French or English will be treated and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan international has a child protection and gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.
Be Social, Share! :)
Offres d'emploi récentes Plan Cameroon
Project Manager/Specialist Livelihood Plan Cameroon à Maroua
M&E Coordinator GFD Plan Cameroon à Mora (Maroua PU)
Administrative Coordinator Plan Cameroon à Maroua
Project Coordinator Cash Base Transfer Plan Cameroon à Bertoua
Field Agent CBT Bertoua PU Plan Cameroon à Bertoua